Arm muscle pain

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Arm muscle pain

Post by Sunny B »

I've had this pain for at least a couple of months now and it's really getting on my wick!

It's between a third and halfway down my upper arm and hurts like hell if I reach back, as in putting on a coat, a rucksack or reaching for seatbelt. Agonising and also it kind of clunks when I reach round and up to do up my bra every day. {cry}

Any ideas? I don't remember doing anything to injure it, though I supose I must have. I can reach forward OK and have been sawing and lopping in the garden with no problems.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Re: Arm muscle pain

Post by Mallard »

I suffer from mild athritis and used to get elbow and shoulder pains. Out of desperation I tried a copper band, twelve months without pain! )c(
There is some science behind it if you care to google it! 8)

Mine has magic symbols as well! :-D
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

That's a fine band, Mallard. I've heard good things about copper bands, but I think that's more for joint pain and this is definitely in the muscle, or possibly where the muscle attaches to the bone. I do have a very thin copper band, I might try it anyway!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Think back, Sunny B.....I get pain like that in my right arm and I believe it was because I fell 5 years ago, rollerblading, and landed on that arm. At the time, it hurt me for a good month. I think the proper name for what's going on with me is 'AGE'. )grin2( Does Ibuprofen help? It's an anti inflammatory and does ease my pain. I do hope it feels better soon. {hug}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Hi Sunny, If you've had it that long I'd go and see the GP, it may be worth getting them to refer you to physio of muscle strengthening exercises etc. have you been taking brufen's or any other anti-inflammatory painkiller? Also may be worth trying a TENS machine on your shoulder/arm if you can get hold of one.
Hope it gets better soon, that's a shame you've had it so long {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

What side is it on Sunny?

I think I would get checked out as well, you might have just teared something inside.

I've not heard of the copper bands before, but that's a lovely looking one Mall.

I wonder if that would help for my back?
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
FRUGAL MASTER
Lively Laner

Post by FRUGAL MASTER »

Sometimes the ergonomic set up of your computer and chair can affect , you know when you use the mouse say with your right hand and the other arm leans on the desk , beleave it or not , this can affect your arm , me I had pins and needles from doing this...
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

I had exactly the same thing, Sunny. It got so bad that it woke me up at night. My doctor diagnosed a shoulder impingement, although the pain wasn't really in my shoulder. He told me I had three options; physio (which could make it worse), a steroid injection or nothing. I decided to wait and see if it got better on it's own and it has. I get the odd twinge now and again but I can reach behind me now.

I would get it checked out if I were you.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Osteopath? Hot bath with lavender and/or rosemary oil may help. Have you sat in a draught at all recently? I sometimes get this sort of pain if I've been driving with the window open.
Hope it shifts soon.