Shampoo Alternatives?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Shampoo Alternatives?

Post by Benny&Co »

Would all these things be okay on coloured hair? :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I used to use it when I henna-ed my hair, and had no problems with that. Not sure about chemical colours though.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Lillia wrote:
LittleBrownFrog wrote:It sounds like you might have been using too much bicarb, or not rinsing it out well enough?

Alright, I'm trying it again....like right now.....see you later :-D

Done, and waiting to see yike*
I used a plastic olive oil bottle to mix the baking soda in~I used less, as you suggested LBF.
I rinsed with the cider vinegar...that wasn't easy...I sat in the tub and my husband poured it on my head and hair. :-D Okay, I did then rub a bit of coconut oil in my hands and then gently in my hair. I have to admit, I was shocked that I got a comb through my hair so easily! In the past, I had a mass of tangles, and I think I had used too much baking soda.
I might be imagining it, but my blonde seems brighter! +confused+ It takes my hair about 2 hours to dry...can't wait to see the results. :?
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

>fi<
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

It's still very damp but it's kind of poodle-curly :? My husband likes it but I'm not sure~~it hasn't been this curly in a looooooong time. yike*
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

No idea about curls- my hair is about as straight as you can get :-D
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:No idea about curls- my hair is about as straight as you can get :-D

Sylv keeps saying he's never seen it THIS curly before! HE says it looks really good~ :-D
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

)wav( Bev!! It's here!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:)wav( Bev!! It's here!

Thank you LBFy, think I'd better go and wash my mayonaise off! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Well, my hair was more tangley than before I put the mayo on.

Not sure it worked too well for me - do you have to use it a few times for it to take good effect?

Had to wash twice and still use conditioner.

Smells nice, though not sure if that's the shampoo and conditioner.

Should I have rinsed in white vinegar?
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:I use this method, cleaning my hair with bicarbonate of soda and vinegar: http://simplemom.net/how-to-clean-your- ... t-shampoo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I find it works fine for me, until I go and stay with my in-laws, who have very hard water & that sends my hair & skin loopy, so I usually end up going back to shampoo if we stay there for more than a couple of days.

Wow that's a very interesting article LBF, thanks for sharing.

:-D
Bev x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

How long did you leave it on for Bev?

I used it when I over bleached my hair and it went frizzy at the ends, I put the mayo on the frizzy bits and slept in it - worked great the first time and when it got frizzy again I just did it again :-D
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I'd say it was on for a good hour or so Lisa.

Won't give up on it, just thought it might have been a better result! (Maybe I was hoping for a miracle!! {rofwl} )
Bev x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

If you only put a really thin layer on you could try putting a little more :-D

Putting a load of conditioner on, cling filming it ad leaving it on all night should work wonders - but will need a very good wash on the morning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oooh I slapped a load on, felt like a right potato salad at the end of it!! {rofwl}

It's a really good one I got from the farm shop too that I don't really like the taste of! {rofwl}

Will have to use the cling film next time )t'
Bev x