Knee replacement

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: Knee replacement

Post by p.penn »

I know it must be scary, and you may be in pain after the op, but it will be temporary 'getting better' pain, as opposed to the 'getting worse and worse' pain you are in at present.

Wishing you lots of luck. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Lyn {hug}

Just remember, if you do experience any pain post-op to tell your nurse and docs too - they will be monitoring you very closely to ensure you're as comfortable as possible.

If there's absolutely anything you're worried about, please do chat to your nurse about it on the day or this pre-assessment nurse you've already spoken to. They are there to help you {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Thanks Helen and Bev {hug}
LYN
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Lyn, try not to worry too much about the pain. I work in pain management and I think/hope what she was trying to get across was you will feel some pain after your surgery, I always tell folk to expect some pain and they're usually surprised how comfortable they are. It's the ones who don't expect to be in any pain afterwards who tend to be really uncomfortable.
Do you know what kind of anaesthetic you will get?
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

MissEllie wrote:Lyn, try not to worry too much about the pain. I work in pain management and I think/hope what she was trying to get across was you will feel some pain after your surgery, I always tell folk to expect some pain and they're usually surprised how comfortable they are. It's the ones who don't expect to be in any pain afterwards who tend to be really uncomfortable.
Do you know what kind of anaesthetic you will get?

Good on you Ellie )t' {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Thanks Ellie. I feel like a wuss :oops: Loads of people have the procedure done everyday but its slightly different when its you :? Im going to a pre-op class sometime this month, so hopefully glean a bit more info. Just wish you and Bev worked at my hospital {hug}
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awww Lyn don't feel like a wuss at all hun {hug}

The pre-op class sounds like a good idea, hopefully you'll meet other folks in the same boat )t'
Bev x

Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Have they not given you any booklets....I have been given 2, very interesting as it answers your questions and tells you what to expect. There will be some pain as there is with any op. but it will be managed for you. I have now got to get the ones for hip replacement. Been to get the hip injected again this am. Will be glad when i get transferred to NHS for this....£145 a time with my private guy....was only £130 last October... think he has put his prices up!!!!! Mind you his wife his high maintenance!!! I am getting my knees injected in 2 weeks time.....that is NHS.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

aishakali wrote:Thanks Ellie. I feel like a wuss :oops: Loads of people have the procedure done everyday but its slightly different when its you :? Im going to a pre-op class sometime this month, so hopefully glean a bit more info. Just wish you and Bev worked at my hospital {hug}

I'd feel exactly the same as you Lyn if it was me, it's normal to feel like running away! Just keep focusing on being through the other side of the op and the benefits it'll bring.
Remember at your pre-op class there is no such thing as a daft question, this is your chance to put your mind at rest.
Sorry Bev and me aren't your nurses but I'm sure you'll be well looked after {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Well tomorrow is knee day. Got to be at the hospital by 7am :? but wont know what time the op will be. I went to the patient information class and it was very informative so i'm glad I went. Will be glad when it's over, I'll just have the other one to look forward to then :shock:
LYN
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

{hug} best of luck tomorrow.
Bah Humbug
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Will be thinking of you Lyn, >gl< hurry back and tell us how you're doing, we'll miss you {hug} {hug}
Woody Allen
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Hope everything goes well for you Lyn. {hug}
ock

Post by ock »

good luck >fi< >fi<
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Good luck for tomorrow - I know it's scarey - but hopefully will be much better in the long run {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."