Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: Your Moisturizer

Post by Lillia »

Nefertari wrote:hello Lillia,

where do you get the oil from please?

Hi, Nefertari :-D
Most any shop...I get mine in my town at an ethnic shop.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Lillia, thank you for your reply. You say cornflour instead of cornmeal - I looked the latter up on the internet, and it looked yellow. Do you mean the cornflour that you could use to make white sauce with? Do you use the other ingredients (honey and olive oil) as a cleanser on a daily basis?

I am just wondering about the advisability of making up the paste in the caravan, it might be a bit messy.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Spreckly wrote:Lillia, thank you for your reply. You say cornflour instead of cornmeal - I looked the latter up on the internet, and it appeared quite yellow. Do you mean the cornflour that you could use to make white sauce with? Do you use the other ingredients (honey and olive oil) as a cleanser on a daily basis?

I am just wondering about the advisability of making up the paste in the caravan, it might be a bit messy.
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

thanks lillia
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:
Spreckly wrote:Lillia, thank you for your reply. You say cornflour instead of cornmeal - I looked the latter up on the internet, and it appeared quite yellow. Do you mean the cornflour that you could use to make white sauce with? Do you use the other ingredients (honey and olive oil) as a cleanser on a daily basis?

I do have cornmeal but I also have corn flour which is still gritty, but finer. It works...
Spreckly, some days I use just water and somedays I mix all the things that I mentioned. some days, just corn flour and a bit of honey and olive oil, some days the milk powder and honey...whatever I feel like doing that day..I have a little plastic dish and a wooden stick I mix it up with ....if you get in the habit, it's no effort, really~ Oh, and once in awhile, I add turmeric, but I do that in the tub in my bath, because it stains.
Yes, it could be messy in the caravan, not just mixing but rinsing your face too.
I do really suggest the cornmeal or flour on occasion because it smooths your skin so nicely.
It acts as a scrub~ :-D
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Nefertari wrote:thanks lillia

You're very welcome :-D
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

In my twenties, I used Helena Rubensteins pore washing grains. Thanks for the info Lillia.
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

Morning all,

a friend of mine has a Gurkha shop in her town and has gone in there and got me a tub of 500ml for £2.59. So i shall try it later and let you know.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:In my twenties, I used Helena Rubensteins pore washing grains. Thanks for the info Lillia.

Oh, my, I remember Helena Rubenstein products! I haven't heard that name in so long. I remember I first heard the name because her shampoo was advertised...I was about 10, and I thought her name was so beautiful! :-D
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Nefertari wrote:Morning all,

a friend of mine has a Gurkha shop in her town and has gone in there and got me a tub of 500ml for £2.59. So i shall try it later and let you know.

What a bargain, Nefertari! Remember, you need very little. In a couple weeks, you will see a difference in your skin~
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

Lillia wrote:
Nefertari wrote:Morning all,

What a bargain, Nefertari! Remember, you need very little. In a couple weeks, you will see a difference in your skin~

thanks Lillia,

I'm also starting a course of laser-lipo on saturday so will use it on the treated areas too.

Nef
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Nefertari wrote:
thanks Lillia,

I'm also starting a course of laser-lipo on saturday so will use it on the treated areas too.

Nef

Oh, very good~ :-D
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Lillia wrote:
Spreckly wrote:In my twenties, I used Helena Rubensteins pore washing grains. Thanks for the info Lillia.

Oh, my, I remember Helena Rubenstein products! I haven't heard that name in so long. I remember I first heard the name because her shampoo was advertised...I was about 10, and I thought her name was so beautiful! :-D

In my late teens, and with very little spending money, I bought Helena Rubenstein's White Magnolia perfume. It was in a plastic bottle, I seem to recall, and had a beautifully light fragrance.

I shall try and get some coconut oil next time we go into town, which is in just over a week's time.

PS Just been on the net, and see there is an article about HR's perfumes. I also had Apple Blossom.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The pharmacy assistant in Te...co tried to flog me some cocoa butter and oil yesterday. I specifically said coconut oil. Will try in town at the end of next week.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:The pharmacy assistant in Te...co tried to flog me some cocoa butter and oil yesterday. I specifically said coconut oil. Will try in town at the end of next week.

Ha! What, they thought YOU didn't know what YOU wanted? :-D

Try the food shops, Spreckly~