My Mums in hospital now !

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: My Mums in hospital now !

Post by jannie »

Hope your Mum get well soon Annie {hug} {hug} .. and that you manage to have some "me" time whilst she's in hospital {hug}
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

{hug} {hug} for you Annie. Hope they can sort your mum out soon x
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Good wishes to your mum Annie >mmm<
LYN
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Sorry to hear about your mum Annie. Sending you all big hugs and warm wishes for a speedy recovery xxx
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Oh dear Annie. Thank goodness there isn't a break. My experience of hospitals and weekends, as somebody else said nothing get done much at the weekends. I would presume the Consultant won't see her till Monday and decide whether to send her home or not.
In the meantime have some quality time with Eck and as everybody says Mums in the right place.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I hope she feels better soon Annie {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

How is she today Annie? {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Sorry I didnt respond to you yesterday, everyone but by the time I got in yesterday evening I was a bit too tired to even walk Down the Lane. First of all , thanks for your replies and kind thoughts , as always with Lanes x
Mum got moved fom her nice on her own room , in the new part of the Vicky to the old buildings and found herself in a large ward of geriatric and dementia patients, oh dear. After breakfast of porridge (she thinks they may have given her chicken porridge by mistake) a middle aged male nurse came round with a bowl of water for her to wash with, he pulled the cutains around and asked Mum if she minded if he made the bed while she was washing, she said she didnt and was very proud of herself that she wasn't 'in the least bit embarrassed, even when he offered to scrub my back' so when she gets home and wants her back doing I will have to nip out into the street and see who is about, as she is very coy with me {rofwl} . They have now moved her into a side ward of 4 beds , only 2 of which , apart from herself are occupied, these ladies are deemed by Mum to be suitable companions. She has met the physio but not started any exercise s as yet, hopefully today maybe. When I asked her if the coedine was still working she told me she hadnt had any pain relief , as it wasnt her place to ask for it 'they' should be asking her - bl@@dy martyr or what ? Got that sorted on the way out with the nurses so >fi< she will have had some last night. They have given her a zimmer to use and she thinks what a marvellous aid it is, she feels remarkably steady now - well when I rang my sister last night with an update, I thought Judi would explode as she has been trying to get Mum to use one for literally years, I am afraid I just laughed , Bet when Judi visits in July she will be 'I told you so'.
Eck and I are doing absolutely nothing today apart from the animal duties. Yesterday was really warm and sunny and typically today is overcast and windy , hey ho.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Glad she's doing well and is in a nice wee ward. Enjoy your quiet day today, you deserve it {hug} {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well Annie, perhaps a few days out of her normal environment, may lead to some really positive changes in the long run.

Glad to hear she is doing well though. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Enjoy your quiet day {hug} Glad your Mum seems to be doing OK. My Grandma has a walking frame, but she keeps it in the bedroom, because it looks untidy if she takes it with her everywhere }hairout{ She also has a wheelchair, but she won't use that, because she might meet someone she knows!
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

When I was nursing Annie in Orthopedics we used to have very similar experiences. A person who was very shy and coy would have their backs washed and even down under without as much as a flush. They would get up and use sticks or zimmers with no problem. When relatives came in they would say how are they getting on and would explode when being told what they'd done. It was a case of well when they are at home they say they can't or I've been trying for years to make them use a zimmer or sticks.
Glad she's getting on OK and reasonably happy. A word of advice though Annie from Auntie Maggie. Don't let her slip back into her old ways when she comes home. If she can do it there she can do it at home.
Have some quality time with Eck whilst you can.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

So glad to hear of the improvement with your mum. Enjoy your day with lovely Eck, hope both manage to recharge your batteries a bit after all that has gone on over the past few weeks. {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Glad your mum seems to be getting better :-D
After a few days in hospital eating chicken porridge with a bunch of dementia patients, she will REALLY appreciate you and Eck when she gets home )t'
Try to enjoy the rest while she's away {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Glad she's doing OK Annie - take it easy while she's away - last time my mum was in hospital - altho I obviously didn't want her to be ill - the bliss of an uninterrupted nights sleep was wonderful!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."