My Mums in hospital now !

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

My Mums in hospital now !

Post by Annie »

She has been complaining over severe pain from her bum down her leg for more than a week. I have tried will you tell a Dr and not me conversation during this time with a negative answer from her. Today she looked terrible and couldn't get out of bed and so finally cracked and agreed to the Dr coming.
Luckily it is the one Dr she has trust in and after examining her , he decided the best place was hospital for an X ray as he suspected a fracture of her hip . She has been having falls for years but no positive reason has ever been given as to why.
Anyway the ambulance turned up very quickly and off we went to The Royal (yes really) and two and a half hours later I was called by the Dr to be told the x rays showed no breaks but they wanted to keep Mum in for more test and physio and controlled pain relief. Well she wasn't having it, the Dr left us to talk so I asked Mum 'what is it are you worried in case you dont come out again ?' Her reply was' no its not that its just hospital is so boring'. yike* A few words later and she saw sense in staying in and so Eck and I drove home to get clean nightdress, cosmetics and her Kindle. When we got back to the hospital just before 7pm she told us she had been given a cuppa but nothing to eat (she hadnt eaten all day) just as well I had made sandwiches and ataken a bit of cake as well ! The Drs are going down the route of sciatic nerve problem though nothing is definate, tomorrow more tests and the dreaded physio. She is in a room to herself so at least that is making her happy and she has been given codeine which has worked wonders on her pain .
Parents eh ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: My Mums in hospital now !

Post by ChrisG »

Your mum does seem particularly stubborn, but she is in the right place. Hope they get her sorted out quickly - and she isnt too bored!

[My nanna used to like all the fit young doctors; that stopped her being too bored - and my mum took after her; well, her physio did look like Nadal! yike* ]
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Annie - so sorry she has been in so much pain - I do hope they manage to find out what the problem is. It is probably a good thing she is being kept in.

On the plus side the dogs are losing weight as we speak. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Parents }hairout{

But we wouldn't be without them, would we? Glad she saw sense and decided to stay. I'm sure they'll have her sorted out in no time >fi< {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

I hope they soon get her sorted and she will have a pain free night
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
manda

Post by manda »

Hope she gets whatever it sorted soon {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I'm glad she decided to see a doctor Annie, she is in the best place now and hopefully they'll be able to control the pain and sort the problem for her... {hug} {hug}
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Hope everything is OK Annie - I think your mum is very like my mum - you did well to persuade her to stay in hospital. In my experience they never seemed to do much in our hospital at weekends so lets hope they sort it out quickly {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hope your mum is OK, Annie {hug}
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Trusting all is OK up there Annie.
Please don't take this as being harsh but maybe a couple of days or more of Mum being in Hospital will also give you a wee bit of a break as well, but obviously wishing she gets better.

Take care and send her my love.

Richard {hug} {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Take care Annie {hug}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Oh Annie, coming so soon after julia's husband being in hospital! I'm sorry to hear she's poorly but hopefully they can get her pain sorted out and the physio will help keep her motivated for getting home.
That's a shame she didn't get anything to eat for so long, it seems to be more and more common in hospitals that you're lucky to get a sandwich if it's out of kitchen hours.
As Richard says hope you manage to get a proper rest whilst she's in, it sounds like a long journey to the hospital.
Will be thinking of you all, keep us up to date {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Hope your mum feels better soon Annie {hug} {hug}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Annie, what a time you and Eck are having just now {hug}

Ouchy for your mum and she's in the best place to get sorted out and hopefully she'll not be too bored.

Here's wishing they'll get her nice and comfortable and a good recovery {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Sorry to hear your mum is not to good Annie, hope she feels better soon and pain free. take care {hug} {hug}