The black dog is back

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: The black dog is back

Post by mrs boodles »

Hi rubyhen, glad you managed to get to your allotment, I am on sertraline 50mgs daily, it was 100mgs but I asked for it to be reduced. I found it to be a good antidepressant and really curbed a lot of deep dark thoughts. Cognative therapy is meant to help but havent been offered that. Sending you a hug {hug}
rubyhen
Lively Laner

Post by rubyhen »

Thank you Mrs B. Sertraline has been suggested along the line so I may be able to give that a try. I'm glad it's helped you - and being able to reduce is a good sign for you. {hug}

Ruby
5 hens: Keira, Dot, Beryl, Kylie and Magda.
RIP: Ruby, Ginger, Tilly, Meg and Phyllis.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Hang on in there Ruby, I'm sure your appointment will come through soon {hug}
It's great that you're managing to get out in the fresh air and work on your plot. Keep it up and we're always here if you need to offload {hug&kiss}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I dont really have much more to add other than I hope you start to feel better soon.

I suffered from post-natal depression 2 years ago when number 2 came along and it was dreadful - I'm so glad I came out the other side after 6 or 7 months. Some days I feel the little black storm cloud hovering nearby, thankfully I've been able to keep it at bay with my own little coping mechanisms. {hug}
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Only just seen this Ruby and am sending you some loving healing thoughts take care and i hope you start to feel better soon {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rubyhen
Lively Laner

Post by rubyhen »

Thank you all very much {hug}

Just an update - I got very low at the end of May and ended up in the psychiatric hospital {cry} . The nurses were kind and helpful and the other patients such lovely people who despite their own probs would give you a hug if you looked sad. They changed my meds (citalopram to escitalopram) and I have been home for a couple of weeks now. Trying to adjust to such a life changing event - not sure I can work (or rather want to work) as a psychologist again. So taking it easy on the stress front and back to the allotment (which had grown 5 foot in weeds!!!)

Thank you for all your support from a still very sensitive and vulnerable but much more hopeful Rubyhen!!

xxx {hug} :-D
5 hens: Keira, Dot, Beryl, Kylie and Magda.
RIP: Ruby, Ginger, Tilly, Meg and Phyllis.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sounds like a rough couple of months for you ruby {hug} . So glad you're beginning to feel better, after illness you need to give yourself lots of time to recover and it sounds like your allotment is an ideal place to do it. Decisions about work will wait till you feel stronger.
Sending you my best wishes for a speedy return to full health {hug} and looking forward to hearing how you get on with the weeds!
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Oh Ruby, my heart goes out to you, take care and be very very kind to yourself. sending you some hugs. {hug} {hug} {hug}