pretty yuk post about ear wax

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
saint-spoon

pretty yuk post about ear wax

Post by saint-spoon »

I have been putting some off the shelf drop into my ear as I have been suffering from ear wax and it was becoming annoying when it made me deaf on that side. Anyway after a stint down in the gym today I put some more in before I went for a shower and did the agitating thing (with my little finger) like the instructions recommended. Yuk a huge block of horrid ear wax stuck to my finger and came out. There was a sort of sucky sound as well. Anyway the wax is gone from that ear now and I am a happy bunny once more. It just goes to show that the off the shelf stuff works sometimes; I shall use it again as I hate having my ear syringed.

told you that it was yukky. )loo(
Bah Humbug
Mad Chick

Re: pretty yuk post about ear wax

Post by Mad Chick »

Hmmmm..... nice..... I think I may just delay my dinner for an hour or two now )grin2(

Glad it's helped, just be careful your brain doesn't fall out through the gap now )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

You could make a candle out of it.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Have you tried ear candles? Our youngest had gunky ears when she was little and they worked a treat on her. You lie on your side, insert the candle in the ear, light and it sucks all the gunk out of your ear. If you want to be gross you can unroll it when you've finished and see all the gunk it has sucked out. )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

S-S please can you PM me with the brand? I use olive oil, but it doesn't really work and it would be nice to be able to hear more clearly!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I used to have a lot of problems in UK and went to the doctor who told me just use warm Olive Oil rather than the overpriced ear drops in the chemist.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We use sodium bicarbonate drops for wax. I try (mainly forget), to use them once a week, as if I don't it means a bi-annual trip to the surgery nurse. When my ears go, I literally cannot hear a thing, and they go suddenly, seemingly without warning.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

More yuk - but related .. One of my cats is obsessed with ear wax - sometimes it wakes me up in the night licking the inside of my ears and it goes into a kind of trance-like state then nips me and runs off .. have absolutely no idea what it's all about!!!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
ock

Post by ock »

julie62 wrote:More yuk - but related .. One of my cats is obsessed with ear wax - sometimes it wakes me up in the night licking the inside of my ears and it goes into a kind of trance-like state then nips me and runs off .. have absolutely no idea what it's all about!!!

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Glad you got sorted out MrSpoon :-D

Don't think I have trouble with ear wax as such. The other year I picked up a rotten infection though, but a dose of Sofradex sorted me out. I felt like I was constantly on a plane, my ears kept popping! >dum<
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Maggie1 wrote:I used to have a lot of problems in UK and went to the doctor who told me just use warm Olive Oil rather than the overpriced ear drops in the chemist.

They cost less than pint of cider at a pub so money well spent for having a clean ear IMO; they had the added bonus of being in a handy little bottle that I can take to work with me and they don't need warming. I have used olive oil in the past, normally as a precursor to having them syringed.
Bah Humbug