How much would it hurt if

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
sazchops
Legendary Laner

How much would it hurt if

Post by sazchops »

I had broken a bone in my foot?

And would they do any thing with it?
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
Mad Chick

Re: How much would it hurt if

Post by Mad Chick »

Ouch!!!

That looks like it would hurt an awful lot yike*

Not sure what they would do for a broken toe, if anything :?
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

It is about 1 " below my middle toe, friend of mine danced very heavily onto it in high heals on Friday night, I'm so glad there weren't stilettos.
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Toes are like fingers and they won't can't do a lot unless the fracture is displaced. Even if it is one of the bones between the toes and the ankle. Just don't overdo things and try to keep weight off it as much as possible.
I've had many broken digits at both ends and other than strapping the broken one to the next largest one there's not much you can do.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

What Dom said )t' you could buddy strap it to the next toe but not much else to be done. Hope it's not too sore
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

Toes are fine it is more towards the middle of my foot.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

If you're worried I guess you should see your GP. Hope it heals quickly )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I did something similar a couple of years ago Saz. I dropped a heavy item onto the top of my foot ,which didnt actually hit the toes more the foot above the toes. I t was painful and I did it just before going out Christmas shopping and had trouble getting a shoe on and limped all the way round the shops. The pain did ease over a couple of days but it took a couple of months to be totally pain free. Now my toes seperate in the middle , my little toe and the next one pair up and the other two next pair up and poor old big toe is a loner anyway , I think I probably broke a bone .
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

You might find a tuigrip (tubular elasticated bandage) makes it feel more comfortable while it's healing. You need to get the right size,though (see back of pack).
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ouch Saz, I would most definitely get that checked out. Is it more swollen today and can you weight bear on it?

In 2005, I "went over" on the side of my foot (okay, I was wearing not very sensible shoes and had been on the bubbly at an outdoor concert in Camden).

Decided not to attend A&E as it was a Saturday night, thinking they would have enough drunks to deal with )hic(

Went first thing Sunday morning as it had swollen up like a football and I couldn't stand on it. My poor-Hubbly had to carry me in!

Thought they'd probably send me away with a bandage and a paracetamol, but oh no, I'd broke the base of my 5th metatarsal good and proper!!

The 5th is your little toe, but the base is that bobbly bit on the side of your foot.

When they found out I'm a nurse, they were all coming to look at my injury - apparently it was a brilliant example of an "avulsion fracture" yike* where the ligament actually causes the break!!!!

I had two weeks in a traditional white cast, with no weight bearing, followed by another six weeks with a moon boot!

Needless to say, myHubbly threatened to BBQ the said shoes!!! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Sorry Saz, I forgot to answer your question there..... yes it would hurt if you'd broke a bone in your foot! {cry} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

It hurts to touch and bend my toes, when I walk it hurts when I lift my foot, don't think it is broken just bad bruise, the picture doesn't show how black it is.
I think it is made worse that I have been wearing shoes with no support, better now I have tube grip on.
Thanks for all your kind comments and advice {hug}
Sarah
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

You poor thing, I do think you should get checked out though to be on the safe side - especially as it's hurting pretty much all the time.

If you get some arnica cream or gel, that'll help with the bruising {hug}
Bev x

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I would definitely get it checked out if I were you. When I was on holiday about 12 years back, I stepped off a kerb not realising it was 15inches high and went over. I felt something snap in my foot and it was absolute agony. I should have gone to hospital. I couldn't get my shoe on for the rest of the holiday and I had heavy black bruising round my foot/ankle. It took months before the pain had completely gone.

I am now having a real problem with my foot, and am almost sure it is related. }hairout{

Don't risk it!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Sarah if it was anyone else you'd definately be advising them to go and get it checked out! So be a good girl now and have it looked at )grin2(

And yes I bet it hurts a lot!!!
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein