Chocolate addict

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Re: Chocolate addict

Post by aishakali »

Lisa, just think of that poor teenager Georgia something or other, 63 stone yike* You don't want to end up like her :? Keep eating chocolate and biscuits etc and the weight goes on sooooooo easily, I know :oops:
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Ahhh don't worry, I would never get to that stage, I can guarantee that. the most I've gotten to is 11 and a half stone and I went on a diet of water and vegetables until I was under 10.
I tend to do that. I know it's really bad for me, but when you can't exercise it just seems the easiest way. I do have a limit, once I really notice the weight goes on I can force myself to stop, but it's just when I'm at a decent weight I just keep eating :oops:
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

)t' {hug}
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

It's just getting worse!
I had an omelette for lunch to fill me up, got chocolate cravings, so I had some dried apricots, then I went into the kitchen and ate a chocolate bar and chocolates I bought my mum and dad for their anniversary. Oh dear :oops:
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Thats the trouble with cravings, its as I said Lisa its to do with the brain - you can only be satisfied by eating the thing you crave and no amount of other food will 'do it' for you. Today you could have eaten a six course meal but still have wanted the chocolate and whats more you would have found room for it too - I understand - you aren't on your own there. You really have to try the limiting yourself method though , take a square, half a bar whatever, put the amount you aren't allowing yourself away in the kitchen drawer and take yourself into the living room and allow yourself to enjoy the ration you are allowing yourself, savour it by eating it slowly - its just too easy to gobble it down so it doesnt touch the sides and that doesnt satify you. You are already feeling guilty so I think you have to make a start on cutting down if only to prove to yourself that you can and in so doing you will get a bit of self respect back. I suspect Lisa that during the day you are a wee bit lonesome too with everyone being at work/college and that probably wont be helping you either. Just keep on posting here and we will do our best to help you get through this {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

You're completely right Annie, but the cutting down thing doesn't work for me, cold turkey is the way to go!
I'm glad I posted this as it's really made me realise how much crap I'm eating, today I must of eaten around 1,500 calories just in chocolate alone.
I've had my binge, I think I'm ready to stop now, so no chocolate for the next few weeks!
I do get lonely in the day, my mum leaves the house at 7:30 and doesn't get back until 5:30, so I just have the company of 16 animals for 10 hours.
I do always have people trying to talk to me on bookface or via text but to be honest I'm so drained I've not bothered replying to anyone for about 3 weeks. I'll end up with no friends at this rate.
My mum will be going shopping tomorrow, so I shall do my research tonight and find lots of healthy snacks, and buy lots of bananas!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Good girl Lisa, stay positive in the morning and stick to your guns - switch the laptop on - reread your last post and tell yourself you will beat this chocolate habit - be determined to report to your laner friends that you have been successful . True friends will always be there at the end of the day sometimes it takes a bit of a bad time to actually sort them out.
{hug}
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Keep at it Lisa )t' )t'

Richard {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Good on you for tackling this. Must be really hard when you are at home alone so much and feeling rubbish too.
Just a thought - do you like jigsaw puzzles? I know it's old fashioned but if I get stuck into one it can absorb me for hours. Might help pass the time and distract you from the ch......... You can pick them up really cheaply in charity shops.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

So far so good, the chooks are keeping my occupied because they are being very naughty {warn}
I'm feeling positive, I know if I can manage a few days without any I will find it a lot easier, it's just the beginning that's more difficult!

I'm not really into puzzles, and we're decorating at the moment so there's so much clutter that there's no room to set a puzzle up :oops:
I'm feeling creative at the moment so I might try some art again, but after college of constantly drawing 5 days a week I get bored of it really easily.
Maybe I'll take up knitting!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I posted before Lisa, but our electric went off so I lost it!

Nothing to add to what the others have said, always here if you want a natter or to let off steam. Good on you for feeling positive about it all.

I'm so glad you're seeing your GP and hopefully you'll get a referral to a dietician to help you with your diet.

Big {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Lisa as you may have noticed I have a problem eating too many biscuits, chocolate I am not so fussed about these days.

When I did crave too much chocolate I would buy a box of posh chocs and find because of the cost I would limit myself to 1 or 2 a day, possibly just as many calories as a bar of choccy but it is a way of training your body to accept less and you tend to savour them rather than just troughing them down.

Now who knows how to curb my biscuit addiction. :oops:
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

LisaB wrote:Maybe I'll take up knitting!

Knitting would be good! )t' Have a look at the threads on knitting for charity, maybe? Adds a big feelgood factor. :-D
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Midday and you had left the choc alone {hug} good on yer Lisa
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Well, I have eaten much, much more than I normally do :oops: :oops:
A whole pizza and garlic bread for dinner {rofwl}
But I'm just trying to make myself feel full for the next few days so I can't fit any chocolate in {rofwl} then I will cut my meals in half again.

Chocolate should be in a secret room in super markets so you don't see it when you're walking round, then I wouldn't be so tempted.
They wonder why most of britain are obese when they put all the half price chocolate by the tills }hairout{