Chocolate addict

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Re: Chocolate addict

Post by Americanlady »

I'm a chocolate nut too, Lisa. But I don't buy chocolate bars at all == I make fudge A LOT. I was craving that fudge flavor, but now I'm losing the craving finally. Thank goodness! I know I ate a lot of it.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Oooo I remember when I used to love fudge, AL!
But I ate so much of it I made myself sick and haven't had it since :oops:
Maybe I should do that with chocolate!
I remember when I went to cadbury world when I was about 10, it put me off chocolate for years, even the smell of it made me ill. Maybe I should go there again.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I feel quite down.
I've not felt bad at all today, not over eaten, and not really had a bad craving for chocolate.
But the problem is, my dad keeps offering me chocolate }hairout{ I bought him some for fathers day, I know he was being kind and sharing, so I politely told him, again, that I was on a diet.
Then he went to the shop, and he brought back a chocolate orange for me and my mum, she told him, yet again, that I was on a diet, so what did he do? shove it in my face and laugh. I could of screamed. It's fair to say we're not talking now, not that we do anyway.
At least he wont buy any more chocolate.
ock

Post by ock »

awww Lisa, poor you {hug} , I`m starting to worry about you now, I think you are craving the chocolate because of the release of endorphines it produces, it also contains L-Arginines, which opens blood vessels which will make you feel better too, the problem is that your body`s energy levels will crash after 10 minutes or so and you will be more tired than you were to start with, you need slow release carbs to give you energy throughout the day, porridge to start the day then things like pasta etc
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ock - are you well? Are you seriously trying to tell us that pasta is better than chocolate? yike*

Have a lie down dear.

{rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
ock

Post by ock »

{rofwl} I think chocolate is a bit of a girl thing, I`m not too bothered about it, I looooooove a bit of nice pasta though )eat( )eat( )eat(
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Ock {hug}
I think you're right - it does give me a boost and make me feel better... for 10 minutes.
Well, there's a cupboard full of chocolate bars and a chocolate orange and I haven't given in to it!
The worst thing is is I used to be so sporty, never sat still, fastest girl in the school, gymnast, I was such a health nut... and now I'm like this, trying to fight the urge to stuff my face with chocolate and not able to do anything to take my mind off it.
the joys of being a teenage girl }hairout{ }hairout{
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

So sorry your dad is not on your wavelength - the word diet sounds to some people that you are being faddy whereas you are taking a serious interest in your health.
Ock is right about the slow release foods.
You could try and give away your chocolate orange so it doesn't sit in the cupboard calling to you.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I know, that's what gets me so annoyed, when I'm trying to seriously improve my health and I just get mocked.
Maybe I should melt all the chocolate he bought and put it on a plate in front of his computer )grin2(
My mum will eat the chocolate orange, but she makes it last. With me, it would easily be gone in 15 minutes {rofwl}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

ock wrote:{rofwl} I think chocolate is a bit of a girl thing, I`m not too bothered about it, I looooooove a bit of nice pasta though )eat(

I'm not sure about that Ock, or maybe I'm strange. I can take or leave chocolate - have to be in the mood for it.

Now a nice savoury snack, or a plate of cheese....... yum yum yum )eat(
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I'm the same Bev ... it's crisps, bread & cheese for me though.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Me too. Crisps, cheese, nuts.

and chocolate
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I don't like feeling full, so I don't snack on cheese, bread, biscuits etc. Just chocolate, as I don't find it filling.

I feel like crap as I've stuffed my face with chocolate today, no one told me my sister was visiting, I can't cope.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi Lisa,

It sounds like you and your Dad need to sit down and talk about it, maybe not 'polite' but in a more serious and direct sense. It seems that maybe a big part of the problem.
You could also seek medical help and if need be, take him along as well. Doctors are very used to these things nowadays.

Richard {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Richard {hug}
Me and my dad don't really have a good relationship at the moment though, we've barely spoke in months.
I try to talk but he just mumbles or grunts so I just give up.
He told me 5 minutes ago that "just because there's chocolate there doesn't mean I have to eat it"
I told him to try having arthritis, being house bound and having no human contact for the majority of the day, he didn't have much of a reply to that.