Chocolate addict

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Re: Chocolate addict

Post by Steve valentine »

No one understands how difficult it is to have arthritis when you're young. having had a 'difficult' father, I really feel for you.
Last edited by Steve valentine on 18 Jun 2012, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Are you stuck at home because of the arthritis, because of transport/money, or a combination of the two? Maybe being out and about more would be helpful to you ... taking your mind off the pain and the chocolate (I don't want to sound like I'm diminishing the pain, far from it)
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Steve {hug}
I do just wish he'd understand, he has a bad back too (which he takes any opportunity to complain about) and he still works, so I guess he just thinks it's the same. He just really doesn't get it.

I've been having a really bad flare up for over a month now LBF. I've only left the house to see my nana and grandad. My hips are painful and my balance is all over the place so I need to use sticks, but most of the pain is in my chest so it's just too painful to use them }hairout{ Sleep is also a problem, I've never been one to sleep a lot, but I'm so uncomfortable all the time any sleep I do get is restless, I just don't have the motivation to do anything :(
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'm a bit confused at the moment.
I've still been stuffing my face with chocolate because I have new pains starting in my back and I've just felt like crying for days, as soon as I start getting better something else crops up that puts me back at square 1.
But, I'm actually getting thinner. My nana and mam keep commenting on how thin I look at the moment, even my bum as gone {cry} I don't know what's going on.
I have an appointment at the Docs on Tuesday though, so hopefully I'll get some answers.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

If you are eating only one particular food group, you won't be getting enough nutrients either, you need to be carefull Lisa. Are you due to see the rheumatologist any time soon?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Ohh I'm eating lots of food groups, not just chocolate!
I won't be seeing the rheumatologist for 5 months. I used to really like her but she's not much help these days, just tells me to stay on the same medication even when I'm in agony then makes another appointment for 6 months time.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

There's one at our hospital like that, luckily we can get past him to the lady that works there, she's very sympathetic. Don't they have a helpline? We can phone up and get a quick appointment if I'm struggling.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

{hug} It must be so frustrating to be unable to get any proper help from the hospital.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Steve and LBF {hug}
The department I go to is always full, often my 6 month appointment gets cancelled a week before and postponed for 2 weeks, then it'll happen again etc. I'd struggle to get an appointment if I rang up. I prefer going to my GP tbh, he's much more helpful and has known me all my life!
jdunkers
Learner Laner

Post by jdunkers »

lisab my heart goes out to you pet,my wife suffers from fibromyalgia(chronic fatuige).first thing is to find a doctor who understands the condition ,not all doctors will and put it down to diet.my wife gets lots of support from her GP as she is young and not old school and from the online forums groups as they are all in the same boat.this condition seems to hit the younger end to middle age (wifes 43).i know what you mean about chocolate ,i no longer buy it as she will eat it all in a day.hope everything goes ok ,,,jay
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aww thank you so much, Jay. I hope your wife is doing well {hug}

My health just seems to be going backwards now, I think I really need to get to the route of my allergies, as soon as I wake up I start sneezing non-stop for hours, and it's really really painful on my chest, which I think just sets off everything else.
I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me more allergy tablets to take before bed that should make me drowsy and sleep better, and help with the sneezing, will be getting more bloods done soon to see if I can find out what it is I'm allergic to.
I just feel so dreadful at the moment, just stuck in a vicious cycle.
Not kicked the chocolate habit at all, and to be honest, I'm not really bothered at the moment, it's the only good thing about my day.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

:( I just tried typing a reply several times, but it all just sounded rubbish :? I wish you could find some answers {hug}
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you LBF {hug} {hug}
The worst thing is when all my friends are out having fun and being 18, I'm stuck inside in bed at 10, that's the thing that gets me down the most. Everyone says these are the best years of your life, yet my life is being stuck inside feeling awful all the time }hairout{
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Lisa dont know if its been said but what about freezing the chocci to last a bit longer also maybe make hot chocolate and freeze in lolly moulds freeze choc yoghurts as well.I must admit i dont particulary like the stuff myself but hubby cant resist it if its there he cant leave it alone.Nuts and crisps are my vice my excuse is nuts are good for you.Take care love and i hope you are feeling a bit better {hug} loving healing thoughts for you Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Linda {hug}
To be honest I probably wouldn't even eat chocolate if it was ice cold, I have to crunch it {rofwl}
To be honest I just want to be able to leave chocolate alone, not having it in small doses.
I would like to be vegan so need to stay away from chocolate, but I can't!
I ate over 2000 calories just in chocolate yesterday, I don't know how I'm not yet the size of a whale.