Aching Joints

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
stace
Legendary Laner

Aching Joints

Post by stace »

Hi Guys

Just a moan about my aches and pains {cry} I am such a misery at the moment, poor Pete is fed up with me..Bless him.

I have always suffered with knee pain and hand pain over the years, but this past month, both my hands knees legs are really aching.

Both my knees hurt and the aching and pains shoot down to both my feet, they feel stiff too, its the same in my hands at the moment, goes from my shoulders down to my fingers. I am off to the dr to get this checked out after the bank holiday. It seems i have every symptom that my mum had with her aurthritis (sp), in all of the same places as i have. My nck has always been really bad when i am stressed too, none of this is helping. I have been taking for 3 days iboprofen(sp) and then paracetamol, today they feel a bit easier, but its really getting me down now.

Thank you for reading lovely laners {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Re: Aching Joints

Post by wendy »

Oh poor you.
I hope the doctor can help you out. I have had arthritis in my hands since my 40's. I go to acupuncture and that helps a great deal.
Since I have been in the wars a bit, since March, I haven't gone. Boy do I know it, my hands are killing me. I only said yesterday I will have to book up again.
Take Care

{hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

I've tried just about every prescription drug going for arthritis, none have stopped ALL the pain and swelling. The latest anti-TNF dr-ugs I can't yet take due to other medical problems so I'm now starting to try other methods, cutting out caffeine is the first, and probably the toughest, coffee is my only vice.

I'm also going to start taking ACV, been reading a lot about the good effects of this lately.

I'll let you know how I get on with these.

I may even venture into acupuncture but needles aren't my favourite, after all the blood tests you'd think I'd be used to them by now!

Good luck getting sorted.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww Stace, sorry you are suffering at the moment, I wonder if the damp makes it worse, I hope you get some joy at the Drs, make sure you tell him everything, then hopefully they will be able to help {hug}

Wendy and Steve {hug}
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Sending you a hug Stace, hope you get results at the doctors. {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thanks Guy's Steve and Wendy it does wear you out {hug} I am just assuming this is what it is, but hope to get some answers soon. Some say it's the menapause, others say it's the tablets i take for my colesteral(sp)( Rubbish speller sorry) :oops: saying that i have been on the pills for about 6 months, and i must say it has gotten worse since i have been taking them, so i will mention that to the dr, it has joint pain listed as a side effect :?

Any way i have just downloaded 6 free books from Amazon, to my kindle, so that will keep me occupied whilst we are in france (we go next thurs till the monday)

We have Pete's brothers memorial service on the tuesday, we had him flown home from america last week (that took 6 weeks to arrange) Its been a total nightmare for the past few months, he is now sat on my mantle in his urn, i bet he is fed up with my moaning already haaaaaa

Steve i drink lots of coffee, and i love cheese...That seems to cause a fair up too
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Cheese and coffee, my two favouritest things in the whole wide world )gr:
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sorry to hear this Stace. Let's hope it can be identified and sorted quickly for you {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Have you tried Glucosimine and Chondroitin tablets. Im sure they helped me with my Arthritis. You can get them in Supermarkets or health food shops or online. Cant do any harm as its found in the body anyway. Try it for a couple of months. Hope you soon feel better {hug}
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Sorry to hear you're not having a good time at the moment {cry}
I find heat pads help take the edge off my achy joints.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Stace my heart goes out to you - I was just about to post a similar post and saw yours .. we're kind of in the same boat .. I've been suffering with knee pain for months now and after my x-ray results on Friday I've been told it's Osteoarthritis ... I'm normally of a fairly cheerful disposition but I'm struggling at the moment to remain so as I'm in constant pain with it.

Even the walk from the carpark into work is filling me with dread as it's so painful.. when I get up in the morning it takes about half an hour before I can even put one foot in front of the other without awful pain.

I'm too young for a knee replacement and the doctors advice is really pain relief and exercise, but I cant even walk the dog at the moment cos of the pain. She's prescribed me some tramadol painkillers but said dont take them for the first time if you're going in work as they can have funny side effects :? - I'm working all weekend so wont be able to take them till tomorrow when I'm off. She mentioned a possibility of steroid injections in the knee which may help but said try the painkillers first.

Still coming to terms with it but the thought of this for the rest of my life is a bit overwhelming tbh. Been looking into physio and acupuncture and stuff on the internet .. going back to the docs in a couple of weeks and will have loads of questions by then.

You're not alone - you just dont appreciate what it's like to be in pain until it happens to you do you? {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Ive found that giving up anything made of white flour (its hard!) as recommended by my gp for my m.e. lessens my aches and pains. So much so that last night i had a big pizza and really felt the effects of it this morning. I hope you feel better soon xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hope you get sorted at the drs Stace being in pain grinds you down {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thank you for all your reply's it's always good to share {hug} I am hoping our trip to france will help a bit. I think the Menopause is making itself known at the moment, all the different syptoms i seem to have most of them {cry} I'm sure it will all settle down soon

Thanks everyone {hug}
Bev xx

Wendyanne
Learner Laner

Post by Wendyanne »

I can reccomend Devils Claw for Arthritis and general aches and pains in the joints and find it works wonders but you have to keep on with taking it as i found out.I stopped taking it when the pain subsided but within a few weeks the problem came back {cry}

I was diagnosed last year with Osteoarthritis when i went to see my Dr about severe ankle and wrist pains so was sent for xrays on my feet and when i went back for the results was told that is what it is,but to take Ibuprophen and Paracetamol but i would rather take the Devils Claw as that is a natural suppliment :-D He said it was just part of the aging process and was something i had to put up with {cry}

I also find that even in the hot weather i suffer quiet badly and couldn't understand why until i read up on the condition and evidently humidity can aggrevate the condition {cry}

Dr Mark Porter on Radio 4 last Wednesday was talking about Osteoarthritis and said it should be recognoised as a proper condition so that treatment can be given to people who suffer with it but as yet I havn't been able to listen to the article so don't know exactly what was said.

I hope that everyone on here that suffers with the condition can find some pain relief that helps them try to cope with this most dreadful disease...