Clinical Commisioning Groups

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mo
Legendary Laner

Clinical Commisioning Groups

Post by Mo »

Does anyone have any views on these. (Health workers may know more than I do)
I've had an email with petition from saying it might lead to privatisation of Health Care. I don't sign unless I'm fairly sure - at the moment I suspect they are right
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
saint-spoon

Re: Clinical Commisioning Groups

Post by saint-spoon »

Not sure but it looks like a politically motivated spin-site to me; certain parties have been guilty of using slur tactics before so I will treat it as such. I am not a fan of dirty politics and slur tactics, it makes me think that the perpetrators haven't actually got any new ideas or solutions to the problems we have. I would be interested to see what any of the healthcare professionals have to say about it though; the poor old NHS has taken a battering over the past couple of decades what with one thing or another.
Bah Humbug
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I think I'd want to know a bit more of the substance behind their arguement before signing it. I agree with SS that this may well just be another rehash of the usual problems levelled at the NHS. In our Trust we have had huge issues with patient waiting lists which has been partially resolved by subcontracting some surgeries to a local private hospital. Not ideal but it does reduce the waiting lists. The other side of this coin is if patients kept their appointments waiting time wouldn't be so long. Every day I see patients on theatre lists who haven't attended thus wasting a surgery space.
As an nurse I've seen some very negative changes within the nhs, mostly always motivated by cost effectiveness and moral continues to drop. I have a very low opinion of my managers as there is a definite 'ivory tower' vibe in our department.
However the NHS in my opinion does a fantastic job in difficult circumstances, of course there are plenty of occasions things go wrong (and folk are usually quick to publicise them) but equally I know I owe mine and my youngest daughters life to it so I would certainly be against any wish to privatise services to 'irresponsible' providers or otherwise
Rant over :oops: sorry everyone
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I'm not sure Mo, haven't come across that site before, but I suspect what they're saying is right - the government is giving primary care services back to the GPs - broadly as I understand it.

Here's some more information about the 'Clinical Commisioning Groups' - if you're interested from the Department of Health website http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/tag/clinical-commissioning-groups/

I have signed e-petitions on this site before, eg this one: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36063 and also the one about the NMC trying to increase Nurses fees:http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34101

As for the NHS going towards privatisation, as far as I can tell this has been going on for ages with patients being sent to private hospitals in order to get waiting lists down. Indeed I have cared for loads of surgical patients in this situation.

Despite feeling extremely let down with how I've personally been treated by the NHS with my back injury, I'm always heralding all the excellent work that I've seen done - real miracle stuff.

We're extremely lucky to have the NHS.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.