Shhhhhhh.....

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Shhhhhhh.....

Post by Benny&Co »

Mercedes wrote:I've never smoked so I've no idea how hard it is to actually give up but I know enough people who have tried to know it doesn't seem to be easy {hug}

Me too Lyn, I've never smoked at all. My mum was very strict about it when we were kids and having asthma too.

I do like my vino though.......... :oops: )hic(
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Benny&Co wrote:Me too Lyn, I've never smoked at all. My mum was very strict about it when we were kids and having asthma too.

I do like my vino though.......... :oops: )hic(

I sometimes think in many ways it's quite hard to give up the old drink too as I don't smoke or drink and it's always been the drink part of that which has given me problems socially. Someone offers you a cigarette, you say no and that's it. Someone offers you a drink and the second you ask for a soft drink they start to try to push alcohol onto you like you are some kind of social outcast if you aren't prepared to have some. I've got absolutely nothing against someone liking a drink and I'm sure it's quite relaxing to sit down and have a nice glass of vino after a hard or stressful day but I don't like the taste of it and am happier with a cup of tea and a slice of cake {rofwl}
Lyn

Post by Mad Chick »

Still haven't had one )c(

This weeks been quite tough with being back in normal routine of school/work it's just felt really 'odd' not having one when I'm used to it. Plus with a few stresses at work this week I have nearly caved in on several occasions.

But I haven't caved in and am dead proud. I even managed to go round to my friends house who is a chain smoker. I really hoped she wouldn't smoke in front of me as I didn't think I'd have the willpower to not have one. But she had several while I was there, I just popped a nicotine lozenge in, sucked like mad and got over it )t'

On the whole, it's not been as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe you just have to be in the right frame of mind to do it properly, rather than doing it because you're being nagged :-D
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Different strokes for different folks and all that Lyn >ck< )cof( :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Mad Chick wrote:Still haven't had one

This weeks been quite tough with being back in normal routine of school/work it's just felt really 'odd' not having one when I'm used to it. Plus with a few stresses at work this week I have nearly caved in on several occasions.

But I haven't caved in and am dead proud. I even managed to go round to my friends house who is a chain smoker. I really hoped she wouldn't smoke in front of me as I didn't think I'd have the willpower to not have one. But she had several while I was there, I just popped a nicotine lozenge in, sucked like mad and got over it

On the whole, it's not been as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe you just have to be in the right frame of mind to do it properly, rather than doing it because you're being nagged

Very huge well done from us Lucy )c( )c( )c(

Especially being with other smokers whilst they're at it as well, you're doing ever so well )c( )c(
Bev x

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Oh well done Lucy, I am so pleased for you. )app( )app(
wendy

Post by wendy »

So you should be proud. I am proud of you as well {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

GOOD ON YOU HONEYBUNCH...WELL DONE!!!!! )c( )c( {hug} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thats great Lucy )app( )app( especially being in a situation where there's others smoking in front of you and it wouldve been easy to give in.
You deserve some >ck< as a reward
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Mad Chick wrote:On the whole, it's not been as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe you just have to be in the right frame of mind to do it properly, rather than doing it because you're being nagged :-D

I think that you have cracked it )t'
Bah Humbug
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

MissEllie wrote:You deserve some >ck< as a reward

That will end up being my next problem. Over the last 11 days there has been far too much cake, crisps, chocolate, bread... well pretty much anything edible really... going in to my cake hole.

I have now cut down my risk of lung cancer but I will soon set a new heaviest person world record :oops:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

)c( )c( well done Lucy )c( )c(
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Mad Chick wrote:
MissEllie wrote:You deserve some >ck< as a reward

That will end up being my next problem. Over the last 11 days there has been far too much cake, crisps, chocolate, bread... well pretty much anything edible really... going in to my cake hole.

I have now cut down my risk of lung cancer but I will soon set a new heaviest person world record :oops:

Cancer isn’t the biggest killer of smokers as far as I am aware (medical people please fill in the details). I put on well over a stone when I stopped, but you can always lose it again later. The important thing is not inhaling toxic fumes from a tube of burning leaves.
Bah Humbug
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I'm not sure what disease affects people who smoke the most, but we all tend to think cancer/lung problems/heart don't we, when in fact non-smokers can contract lung cancer.

Surely having a bit of extra weight is better than the damage your lungs are getting?

You're doing grand Lucy, yay for Lucy )c( )c( )c(
Bev x

saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Well yes, of course non-smokers can get cancer but they are far less likely than smokers to get certain types; it is like people who have been in contact with asbestos are not as likely as those who have worked with it to contract asbestos related diseases.
Bah Humbug