Cold Sores

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Cold Sores

Post by Linda S »

Once again i have one the size of a small planet on my lip and its very painfull. I have had the cream and pills from the doc but nothing seems to help. Sometimes a just get shut of one and another of the blOOdy things erupt, i dont even have to have a coldand get them all year round, they can even go up into my nostrils yike* Someone once made me some stuff with aloe vera gel, tee tree and other things and it was lovely an soothing. Does anyone have any other remedys i could try please all suggestions gratefully recieved {hug} If not im afraid it looks like a bag over the head when i venture out so i dont scare babies and animals {rofwl} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Maggie1

Re: Cold Sores

Post by Maggie1 »

Have you tried Bonjela
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Maggie no havnt i thought that was just for teehing, but worth a go will get some and let you know how it goes )t' Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
wendy

Post by wendy »

Zovirax works wonders.
OH is always getting them. You only need a tiny bit each time you put it on.

Or Nat Mur tablets
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Wendy thats one of those iv tried and and also some with same active ingredient but other names )t'. One thing is that i dont and never have had the tingle, mine starts a a small hard lump and within a couple of hours its huge. This one started at teatime last night and by seven was covering the whole half of my lip and by this morning there was one in my nose and its so sore {cry} Iwill prob go to docs but i take that many daily tablets i try to avoid them if i can but its getting crazy again. Im so glad it works for Spencer they are awful {hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wendy

Post by wendy »

OH's also just turn up. No tingling. :?
Nat Mur is homeopathic and it really dries the cold sore up and works well.
But Zovirax works quicker.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

We always use Bonjela or Blisteze is another one
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Blimey you seem to be suffering Linda. Cold sores are yuk! I get them now and again and feel like I should be ringing a bell and shouting 'unclean!!!!' If you can get them quick enough and hold an ice cube on for as long as you can it can sometimes stop them developing. Hope you find some relief {hug}
LYN
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

No idea whether this works as I haven't tried it, but OH tells me that a paste of coffee grounds is supposed to work. If you do try, please say whether it works. I hope something does - sounds hideous, poor you.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

My gran used to rub cold sores with either eucaplyptus (no idea how to spell that) or cologne. She swore that it worked - but then she also swore by lard rubbed on chillblains and I never fancied that.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

A friend of mine gets cold sores now and then, and her treatment is white iodine. She says it works and fast. Worth a try maybe?
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

How about pure Tea Tree oil? You can buy it in supermarkets these days. Dab a little on as soon as you notice the first signs of a bump, and repeat morning and night.
I occasionally get those deep boil things that just start as an internal swelling and tenderness. Tea Tree stops them in their tracks.
I believe it is antiviral as well as antibacterial, antifungal and antiinflammatory, so should work on cold sores.
As I understand it, cold sores get a hold when you are a bit run down, so feeding yourself well and getting plenty of sleep should help too. Also top up your vitamin C and drink plenty of water.
Hope it's better soon.