Any Tips?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
stace
Legendary Laner

Any Tips?

Post by stace »

My Daughter Katie is having her second baby due around 3rs Sept. She is really suffering with sickness,and seems to be sick and feeling sick most of the day and night. I so feel for her she is warn out bless her. The dr has given her some pills to take, which did work well for about 5 days, but this past few days it has returned again. I got her the sea bands last week, they didn't touch it. I have bought her lemons, ginger lemonade, and really dont know what else to get for her. I feel so helpless and hate to see her like this all the time.

Just wondered if any of you had any tips we might try

Thank you laners {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
saint-spoon

Re: Any Tips?

Post by saint-spoon »

not quite the same thing but Tom Yum soup works for me when I have got a hangover, it is along the same line as ginger. you can get the paste from Aisian supermarkets and just add hot water. Hope that she feels better soon xxx
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I know from experience that is so horrible Stace - poor thing {hug} I was going to say lemon and ginger tea, or even ginger nuts. All I can think of at the moment.

I hope it passes before too long for her {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I can sympathise with her Bev, I was sick with all 4 of mine (although first one was definitely the worst and nothing helped {cry} )
With the others I found chewing fruit pastilles and constantly sipping ginger cordial helped quite a bit. I've added a link below to the cordial I drank by the bucket load.
http://www.baldwins.co.uk/thorncroft-pi ... ial-375ml/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a really rubbish feeling when you're desperate to feel happy about being pregnant, I really hope it passes quickly for her {hug}
Congratulations to you on getting a lovely new grandchild {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Yup I had it bad too, what I did was chain chew Squirrel Gums, not sure if you can get them anymore, but keep something in your mouth summat to do with the saliva stopping you being sick.
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
manda

Post by manda »

I had it as well in the first half of my pregnancy with Josh (to the point where I was close to being hsopitalised)...I used root ginger ...just cut a slice and put it in hot water...I used hot Ribena because I don't actually like ginger and that masked the taste...worked a treat...so might help your daughter.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thanks for all your tips guys. Although i had it with James (he is 27) i never had it as bad as she has this time. I will try all of your tips, anything to help her.

Thank you all {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I haven't had any children so can't swear by anything, but I remember telling another very sickly pregnant friend that TV Dr Chris Steel had recommended keeping a couple of digestives or dry biscuits next to the bed, and eating them before sitting up in the morning. As ginger seems to be the magic ingredient, maybe ginger nuts?