Tooth Ache - it hurts

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Jenny
Lively Laner

Tooth Ache - it hurts

Post by Jenny »

Any tips to help tooth ache until I can get to dentist tomorrow?
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Tooth Ache - it hurts

Post by MissEllie »

Ouch poor you {hug} regular paracetamol and ibuprofen are a good combination, or instead of paracetamol you could get an over the counter combination of paracetamol/codeine.
Oil of cloves is also meant to be good for toothache but not sure how easy it is to come by at this time of day :?
Good luck at the dentist tomorrow.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

If all else fails and painkillers don't cope, try rinsing the tooth with a little neat whiskey. I've found it is quite good at numbing toothache temporarily.
Toothache is horrible - hope you feel better soon.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

rhubarb93 wrote:If all else fails and painkillers don't cope, try rinsing the tooth with a little neat whiskey. I've found it is quite good at numbing toothache temporarily.
Toothache is horrible - hope you feel better soon.

The whisky tip is a good one, and one that I have seen many lads do while at sea till they land and can see a dentist. I once had a hole in one my back teeth while at sea and I used to pack it with crushed pain killers that worked wonderfully, we were 4 weeks from a dentist and I got through it ok
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Jenny, poor you, tooth ache is truly rotten.

Probably a bit late, but another suggestion is to prop yourself up at night time because the pain often gets a lot worse when you're lying flat.

Also some ice wrapped in a towel, gently placed near the sore area will help bring down the tissue inflammation that's causing you the pain.

Hope you managed to get sorted at the dentist {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.