It never rains but...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
julie62
Legendary Laner

Re: It never rains but...

Post by julie62 »

Saz - really hope things pick up - at least you know about the diabetes so you can learn how to live with it and keep healthy and manage it. I know lots of people who suffer with it and once it's under control you'll be fine. It's the asthma that's the real pain isn't it - really hope you get some relief from it soon. {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

It has been kind of a catch 22.
As my asthma has been bad i have taken a lot of pills.
So I have put on weight.
So I am too unfit to run, ( which I used to do a lot )
so I am over weight.
Looks like I am going to have to give up the sugar, crisps and alcohol.
A friend of mine who also has bad asthma is running the London Marathon this year. Going to start training with her next month. >fi<
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

sazchops wrote:I saw a Homeopath when I was about 18, was wonderful, took 3 tablets and didn't have excema again until I was pregnant 3 years later.
Not sure why I haven't done it since, cost, and not being able to find the same person.

If it worked for you before, no reason why it shouldn't do again.
If cost and quality are an issue, how about contacting a local college of Homoeopathy and asking if they need any live cases for their students. You'd get seen by an experienced homoeopath tutor, help students learn and should only have to pay a small fee. But you would have to be happy to have a consultation in front of a group of people. I had my first homoeopathic consultation this way, and the guy was brilliant.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

You take care Sazzy. {hug}

You're a great example to all.

Richard )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

sazchops wrote:I saw a Homeopath when I was about 18, was wonderful, took 3 tablets and didn't have excema again until I was pregnant 3 years later.

Sounds like it would well worth be trying again. Try asking around to see if your friends use a homeopath that they would recommend. I know these things are expensive, but good health is well worth it.

I can also see the suggestion for Yoga or Tai Chi might help by reducing stress.

Agreed you should take care to find out what conventional means you should use as well.

Running is not the only way to lose weight - walking is good too! I have cut down a bit on my food and been for 2 (sometimes 3) walks a day for the past couple of weeks and amazingly have lost 5lbs already.

I hope all goes well. {hug}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker