Lucky with our hospital

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Lucky with our hospital

Post by albertajune »

I've always thought that we are lucky with our hospital and this week proved it. OH is having pain in his knee and will need surgery some time hopefully in the near future. He went for his first visit to the clinic on Tuesday and had an x-ray on the knee. He was also given an injection in the knee to help with the pain and a pair of elbow crutches in case he needs them.
He was told that the consultant wanted a MRSI scan, which would be for about 8wks time and then a further 2wks to see the consultant again. 10wks in all. On Friday he had a phone call to see if he would take a scan cancellation that day, which he did. his scan is now done and his consultants appointment was brought forward to 5wks instead of the 8.
Although the waiting list for this type of surgery is quite long, he did feel that he was treated with lots of consideration and care and knows that he will be well looked after.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Lucky with our hospital

Post by MissEllie »

That's good news June, it's nice to hear when the nhs gets things right :-D
Hope everything is straightforward for your OH {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
wendy

Post by wendy »

That is good to hear.
I wouldn't say ours was the best. But our Surgery are really on the ball and follow things up etc.
No complaints....at the moment.
I hope he gets his knee sorted soon.
{hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

That's a lovely post June and wishing your OH all the best with his knee {hug}

We are eternally grateful to the NHS and our local hospital for looking after my Hubbly so well when he had pneumonia in February.

We are very lucky to have the NHS :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

My Hubbly has just been discharged by his consultant, who is very happy with his progress so far.

I've never worked at our local hospital so I didn't know too much about it, other than the horror stories I'd heard from when I worked in the community - particularly from the midwifery/paediatric departments.

However, having said that, I've been very impressed with the level of care Hubbly has received from his nurses and doc's whilst he was an inpatient. They were so efficient with his treatment, diagnosis, care and discharge.

He was seen on time today, observations done, seen by consultant, had x-ray and then seen consultant again.

We are truly eternally grateful to everyone who looked after Hubbly {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Oh what good news. However I wish it was like that everywhere. My son has been waiting to have his gall bladder removed since Feb 2012. Hes just had a letter to say after its been cancelled 5 times it will now go ahead 29th April, thats 14 months of agony.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Maggie1 wrote:Oh what good news. However I wish it was like that everywhere. My son has been waiting to have his gall bladder removed since Feb 2012. Hes just had a letter to say after its been cancelled 5 times it will now go ahead 29th April, thats 14 months of agony.

That is dreadful Maggie. The trouble is there is nothing that you can do, however much you are suffering. Being cancelled 5 times is unexceptable and he should have been given a really good reason why. I know that they would say that emergencies came in, but I do know that some hospitals also take private patients who take preference. Lets hope that it goes ahead as planned in April.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Maggie1 wrote:Oh what good news. However I wish it was like that everywhere. My son has been waiting to have his gall bladder removed since Feb 2012. Hes just had a letter to say after its been cancelled 5 times it will now go ahead 29th April, thats 14 months of agony.

Thank you Maggie.

I'm so sorry that your son still hasn't been sorted out and wish it could be good everywhere. To me, it seems that when you are very seriously ill the NHS come up trumps, but sometimes other things slip the net, such as your son and me with my back.

Has your son contacted his patient liaison service at the hospital? They might be able to help.
Bev x