my wife is realy suffering with morning sickness sile}

any cures that you all know of please.

thanks

Daz
chickentina
Legendary Laner

Post by chickentina »

hi daz

sorry to here about your wifes morning sickness....i have had five kids and have never suffered..i think i have been lucky. I used to feel sick and the only way to help that was to eat bread or toast..or just food in general. When i was pregnant i would eat like a horse

hopefully the sickness will pass in a few weeks. How many weeks pregnant is she?

tina xx
mum to five lovely children, nine gorgeous girls, two adorable cats a bouncey border collie pup and a patient loving hubby xxxxx
manda

Post by manda »

Root ginger in boiling water ...or if she's like me and can't stand the taste of ginger I put it in hot Ribena.
My midwife suggested the ginger after I had a week of throwing up to the point they were going to admit me to hospital. It stopped everything and I kept drinking it till I had the little lovie, just in case it came back!! :-D
Good Luck to your wife I really feel for her! (f+
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I didn't suffer with it for the first two, but with number 3 I felt sick all the way through, and when I had him I actually weighed a stone less than before I'd got pregnant :shock:

Ginger is supposed to be good but I didn't try it.

I wore sea-bands on my wrists. The are elastic bracelets with a little button that presses on an acupressure (?) point. Also sucking an extra strong mint helped a bit too.

Good luck, and a big hug for your wife from us (f+

When is the baby due?
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Its the worst possible feeling i feel for her! :cry:

Try a squirt of jif lemon she can carry the small one around with her if needed!

It combats the acid! )t' Worth a try !

stace (f+
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi daz (f+ (f+ (f+

ive heard ginger works to and dry toast or crackers first thing in the morning )t' )t' hope it works

my daughter has just stoped being sick at 18wks pregnant she still cant eat meat or even smell it cooking makes her sick still but at least she is eating most things now and keeping it down )t'

jo x
Daz
Lively Laner

Post by Daz »

thanks all

our baby (2nd one) is due next may.

thanks again .... i just hope it will get better soon

Daz
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Hi Daz, I like the suggestions of ginger tea but I just kept packets of ginger biscuits next to the bed and ate them first thing. I never had a problem with morning sickness, I just like biscuits )t'
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
lorraine
Lively Laner

Post by lorraine »

Ginger biscuits worked for me too plus the odd bottle or two of soda water confused> )t'

Good luck!
Lorraine
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I had all day sickness for 7 months each time! Nothing worked. Hope you find something for her that works.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I was never actually sick but felt nauseous until about 6 months. I found eating in general helped. I ate little and often so my stomach was never totally empty. I tried to eat healthy things but invariably ended up with a doughnut! :? I wonder if that was why I put on nearly 4 stone :oops:

Hope she's feeling better soon... Will all be worth it in the end :-D There's a wonderful reward for all the sickness. :-D

Lucy x
rebenny
Learner Laner

Post by rebenny »

hi, i found swimming was brilliant!! i used to go nearly every morning and it was just gone when i was in the pool!! my wee boy, now 14 weeks love swimming now so i guess he remembers our daily trips.
other than that ginger or fennel is also v good.
hope she feels better soon x
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I combat sea sickness by eating stodge like dry toast and mashed potato but I’m not sure if that’s just an excuse to eat as I’ve never really suffered. Anyway the juice of a lemon and a couple of teaspoons of honey in hot water is quite a good pick-me-up as it’s got lots of vitamins and natural sugars.
Bah Humbug
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

ginger in all its forms.
Also i stopped being sick when i finnished work (at 7 months) had i though about it i could have gone part time earlier and possibly it would have been better.
good luck, dispite the sickness/ indigestion i would do it all again
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Bollybarb wrote:ginger in all its forms.
Also i stopped being sick when i finnished work (at 7 months) had i though about it i could have gone part time earlier and possibly it would have been better.

It must be awful if you're having to work whilst feeling c**p. Luckily(?) the day after I told my boss I was pregnant, they decided I was no longer required :cry: so I didn't work from 6 weeks onwards :-D It also meant I had more time to eat doughnuts to help in my quest to become bigger than Pavarotti :oops: