Stupid stye

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Stupid stye

Post by p.penn »

I have another stupid stye on my eye which I just can't seem to get rid of }hairout{

I bathe it every morning with warm water, and my daughter suggested warm tea bags so I have been drinking a lit of tea hahaha.

As I have had it for almost 3 weeks now, does anyone have any other natural ideas? They don't give anything at the chemist for it.

Thanks
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Re: Stupid stye

Post by wendy »

Well I have heard rubbing it with your gold wedding ring is supposed to work.
If you have had it that long you should do something about it. Sounds like you are a bit under the weather.

Just found these
•Use a coriander seed wash. Soak coriander seeds in water for an hour, strain the seeds, and use the water as a wash for your eye. The seeds are said to have properties that reduce the swelling of a stye.
•Use a guava leaf compress. This is a common home remedy for reduce pain and swelling caused by styes. Wet guava leaves in warm water and apply them to your eye for 10 minutes.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thanks Wendy - I think I have some coriander seeds somewhere. I will try that. It's such a nuisance. I look like a gargoyle {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Rubbing it with gold is something I'd heard too, in my 'yoof'.
If you have a gold ring it's harmless to try it and takes seconds, and has worked for me, though it might just be that on the occasions I've done it the stye has been ready to burst anyway.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My wedding ring was white gold - do you think that would work too? :-D
Helen xx

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I suffer with these too Helen {cry}
My lovely friend calls me poison blowfish head {rofwl}

I always use eye drops or ointment when affected and it does seem to clear up quicker. I find the ointment works best but can't stand that sticky feeling it leaves me with so tend to use drops.

{hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

The chemist wouldn't give me any drops or ointment Lucy- said it wouldn't help :?

I have tried the ring and its still there, not got any coriander seeds, so still got to try that. Otherwise I guess it will be a trip to the docs next week }hairout{
Helen xx

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Helen, I wouldn't put tea bags or rings on there as you may introduce further bacteria.

Make a warm compress and hold it against the stye to draw any 'yuck' out. Use a fresh piece of cloth or tissue each time.

As you've had it for three weeks and if it's still painful, I'd recommend you get it checked out.

Take good care won't you hey {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Have you tried Jam, I have never heard that Jam is any good but I thought that I'd mention Jam again. {hug} {hug&kiss}
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

SS, you can mention jam as much as you like as it will be a cold day in hell before you get any from me {rofwl}

Benny - thanks - I always use hot cotton wool pads but it just wont shift. It's not painful but think I will try and see the doc next week or the week after would be better.
Helen xx

perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww, they are horrid, has it got a head on it >coc<
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Seriously, I thought I heard once something about a potato?

Horrible those things where you think it's going to be better when you wake up and it isn't.

Hope it goes soon.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

{rofwl} at all your theories {rofwl}

Warm compresses are the way forward (I used to work at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London )t' ).
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

perchy wrote:Aww, they are horrid, has it got a head on it >coc<

Quite the reverse Perchy - it's my head that has a stye on it {rofwl}

No, no head on it. In some ways I wish it did as at least I could imagine that at some point it was going to go away }hairout{
Helen xx

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

I havn't had a stye for many years but suffered horribly from them when i was a child , and can still remember how sore and painful they are, so can understand how fed up you must be {hug}

My Mum and Dad used to bathe my eye with a warm compress and apply something called Golden Eye Ointment,
I dont know if they still make it but i think we kept them in business in my childhood :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx