How damaging has Xmas been to you?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

How damaging has Xmas been to you?

Post by fabindia »

I've put on about 3lbs, not done any running over the past week and drank too much alcohol.

Looking forward to things getting back to normal soon and drying out a bit.
Michael
p.penn

Re: How damaging has Xmas been to you?

Post by p.penn »

If I say I have overdone it wildly, that is an uderstatement!! Done nothing but eat crisps, cream, chocolate, cakes etc and had plenty of wine too! Feel so bloated and must have put on another half stone in the last few weeks!

I have a more sensible lifestyle on my 'to do' list. Hopefully begin next week.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

I didn't think I'd gone mad...but the scales say 3kgs (7lbs) so my idea of mad and the scales is obviously different {rofwl}

Back onto healthy eating now...actually start back on the salads quickly because I was feeling toxic...even though I don't think I'd eaten much junk because I'd been so good for months on the whole it's obviously had an effect....and I've only had 2 drinks !!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

p.penn wrote:If I say I have overdone it wildly, that is an uderstatement!! Done nothing but eat crisps, cream, chocolate, cakes etc and had plenty of wine too! Feel so bloated and must have put on another half stone in the last few weeks!

I have a more sensible lifestyle on my 'to do' list. Hopefully begin next week.

Same here. I feel absolutely disgusting. Despite trying to make sensible amounts of food, I still overdid it and consequently had no choice other than to have sherry trifle for breakfast three days running. Apple crumble for lunch. I've morphed from spacehopper to beached whale in the course of a week.

Trousers that were comfortable before Christmas are now a challenge {warn}

It ends today - I'm sick of feeling so yukky.
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

About 3 or 4 lbs here too. So I am fairly happy with myself.

We have another few days of different eating, a four bird roast and trimmings, so just a Sunday roast really, nothing frightening there.

I think we have very little left, some pud, pannettone and we have just realised we bought some packets of crisps, why we can't remember!

Good luck and many pounds lost to you all :-D
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
wendy

Post by wendy »

Same camp here. About 7lb I would say. Get this week over and back to starvation rations :?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

There are some advantages to not being able to get cream and salted butter...I dislike the butter intensely and my addiction to this simple but fattening food has now been broken. My drinking (I don't usually) has been confined to the home made red we were given from next door. We have eaten what I have cooked, no real waste, but have not over indulged as there seemed no need.

It has to rate as one of the best Christmasses I have ever had. I am feeling very content.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
ock

Post by ock »

I`ve put on about 7 or 8 lbs over Christmas too )grin2( , not to worry, going to hit the gym hard and shift it all off again by the time summer gets here )grin2( )grin2(
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

to be honest I don't really think that I have put much on, pound or two at most, but I haven't really eaten much more than I usually would and felt pretty yukky in the lead up to x-mas so didn't over do the alcohol (lemon-sips and booze don't mix).
Bah Humbug
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I was at a friends, and thank goodness she knows how to steam vegetables to perfection. I ate more crackers and cheese and chocolate than I should have done, and had one bottle of wine over four days, so hopefully not too much damage. I'm not in the habit of weighing myself regularly, as my weight stays stable. I'm more bothered about crap food being bad for my gut. Clean food goes through quicker, processed food bloats me and clogs up the arteries.
Ilona
ock

Post by ock »

Meanqueen wrote:I was at a friends, and thank goodness she knows how to steam vegetables to perfection. I ate more crackers and cheese and chocolate than I should have done, and had one bottle of wine over four days, so hopefully not too much damage. I'm not in the habit of weighing myself regularly, as my weight stays stable. I'm more bothered about crap food being bad for my gut. Clean food goes through quicker, processed food bloats me and clogs up the arteries.
Ilona

I always find that when I start eating "bad" food I suffer from heartburn a lot, healthy food does seem a bit more boring than unhealthy at first but I always have more energy, less bloated etc, it`s time for me to hit the fruit and nuts again now )eat( )eat( )grin2(
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Ran home from work tonight after a 2 week layoff over the Xmas break. So feeling the damage (or my likely my age) tonight.

My theory of fitness is that 6 months training is just about wiped out by a 3 week layoff, so I try not to have a break, either due to holidays, illness or injury of more than 2 weeks.
Michael
ock

Post by ock »

yeah, the human body is lazy and only does what it needs to do, if you lay off running etc your body ditches the muscle etc you`ve built up for doing it so it sets you back miles {cry} {cry}
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

ock wrote:yeah, the human body is lazy and only does what it needs to do, if you lay off running etc your body ditches the muscle etc you`ve built up for doing it so it sets you back miles {cry} {cry}

True, and as they say "use it or loose it".
Michael
ock

Post by ock »

fabindia wrote:
ock wrote:yeah, the human body is lazy and only does what it needs to do, if you lay off running etc your body ditches the muscle etc you`ve built up for doing it so it sets you back miles {cry} {cry}

True, and as they say "use it or loose it".

yeah, it take about 30 calories a day to "keep" one pound of muscle, but takes just 3 to keep one pound of fat, so your body ditches the muscle first, unless you`re using it