It's always a Sunday!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mallard
Legendary Laner

It's always a Sunday!

Post by Mallard »

My rerouted plumbing from a cancer op ten years ago played up on Saturday night, I didn't get any sleep even after taking the maximum dose of paracetamol. Still in pain in the morning I rang 111, they put me in touch with the local hospital who told me I could see a doctor if I went to to the hospital in an hour. )t'
The last time this happened it was more severe and I was blue lighted to Lincoln County hospital, where they tried to turn me out the next day in 'jamas, dressing gown and slipper! yike*
I was seen pretty quickly and they agreed with me what the cause was. Then they tried to turn me out! I said that just because I wasn't making lots of noise I was in pain. So they checked my medication and gave me a prescription.
The hospital pharmacy is closed on a Sunday. So another taxi into town to the local Booties, they didn't have any. }hairout{ Then a trip to the Hasda pharmacy, who were the last chance, they had some )c(
I took a couple and boy did they work, I took two more at night and had eleven hours sleep! I still feel a bit groggy and tender but much better.
The hospital doctors told me if it happens again ring 999.
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Re: It's always a Sunday!

Post by fishpond »

All you have to do now is remember in 10 yrs time to ring 999 {rofwl}
At least you were sorted )t'
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I'm glad that you are now feeling better Mallard. As you say it always happens on a Sunday! What a run around you had to get medication when you were in pain. Not really good enough!!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Well, it happened on a Tuesday this time, really bad. So it was a pretty blue light to Lincoln. They were very efficient and speedy, lots of people to see, blood tests, X-rays etc.
Seems I haven't been drinking enough water and my kidneys almost packed up, which was the reason for blowing up like a balloon and trying to sleep all the time. They found me a bed and put me sleep with a large drip yike* {rofwl} . I came home today, but I have to have a CT scan, but they can do that up the road.

I have to have a soft diet which isn't necessarily a weight loss one )hic( Still, whilst I've had this episode four kilos have gone somewhere. >eas2<
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I hope that all goes well for you now Mallard. I also am guilty of not drinking enough water but am trying to remedy that. When at the hospital last week, a nurse said that not drinking enough can raise blood pressure which I didn't realise.
Glad Lincoln hospital looked after you well. All my family come from Lincoln so I know it fairly well.
Take it easy. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.