Bran Flakes for better health

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Bran Flakes for better health

Post by Richard »

My daughter, after seeing I have a fry up most mornings said I should be eating healthier and less expensive foods.

Healthier fair enough, but not convinced it's cost effective..

[center]Image[/center]

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Bran Flakes for better health

Post by Meanqueen »

Your daughter is right. That particular brand is expensive though, try Aldiddly at 88p for a 750grm box, I haven't found any cheaper. I eat it nearly every morning, and I don't need reams of loo paper. Probably just as well, I don't buy that luxury soft stuff. Bog standard, cheap and cheerful, buy it in bulk, that's me.

Ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I also eat bran flakes most mornings and also buy a cheaper brand from Lyddis. Just as good and helps to pay for the extra loo rolls if needed. I like my bran flakes with fresh fruit on top or some dried fruit sprinkled on and a dollop of greek yoghurt.

A good old fry up type breakfast makes a nice treat at the weekend, only not fried. Poached eggs and every else grilled is the way to go if you are eating healthy. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

albertajune wrote:I also eat bran flakes most mornings and also buy a cheaper brand from Lyddis. Just as good and helps to pay for the extra loo rolls if needed. I like my bran flakes with fresh fruit on top or some dried fruit sprinkled on and a dollop of greek yoghurt.

A good old fry up type breakfast makes a nice treat at the weekend, only not fried. Poached eggs and every else grilled is the way to go if you are eating healthy. )t'

Snap. Mrs Fab and I have the same most mornings, except fast days. :-D
Michael
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

As for the Loo roll, If you have a H*me Bargains near you There's a brand called Nicky, cheaper than most but ok quality with it.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I've been watching a tv series on BBC 1 called "Eating well for less" - there was a little test to find out what the presenters thought was a portion of breakfast cereal and both had more than double that recommended. Admittedly it was more about the sugar content of various cereals but with reference to the first post, perhaps there is no need for extra loo roll if eating the recommended portion (or start off with a smaller amount and gradually build up to it so that good bacteria in the bowels become accustomed to the change in diet )t')
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Bran flakes taste like cardboard to me. Not eaten them for years and years, and haven't tried A.d.s or L.d.ls.

For breakfast, I have porridge made with water, and a small amount of milk added with sometimes a banana for my breakfast.

We buy Nicky loo rolls, have done for several years. Fa..m Fo.d. sell them, and I buy two large bags at a go, they last ages. Must be because we do not eat Bran flakes.