Anyone for power walking ?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone for power walking ?

Post by Meanqueen »

I reached the seven month mark at 584 miles, now on 590 and striding along to aim for 666 miles, which is the eight month marker. Thought I might have been able to boost my mileage with walking holidays, but I can't leave my old dog at the moment, so this challenge is at least keeping me walking even though it is only round the streets where I live.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Hello. I finished the month on 670 miles yesterday, did a couple of extra walks to beat the target. The target for the end of September is 749, so onwards and upwards. I have treated myself to some new walking boots and today I gave them a trial walk. Just checked how far, twas 12 miles, and my feet are not too bad, the boots are comfy.
Ilona
Kess
Learner Laner

Post by Kess »

Hello Ilona,
I'm new to the lane so I have just read this thread from the start. Well done with being ahead of your target, and what a fab challenge. I have seen your blog mentioned in a few places in The Lane, can you post a link please?
Enjoy your walk today.
An urban back yard veg patcher with a wormery and a Jack Russell cross.... Kess :)
Kess
Learner Laner

Post by Kess »

Kess wrote: I have seen your blog mentioned in a few places in The Lane, can you post a link please?

I found it )like(
An urban back yard veg patcher with a wormery and a Jack Russell cross.... Kess :)
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Kess wrote:
Kess wrote: I have seen your blog mentioned in a few places in The Lane, can you post a link please?

I found it )like(

Hello Kess, I see you are not far from me.

I have reached the 749 target early, for September, the 36 miles I did last week has boosted it up. 15 days to the end of the month so I'm going to crack on and get ahead. With a bit of luck I shall be romping home before the end of the year.

Ilona
Kess
Learner Laner

Post by Kess »

Practically neighbours Ilona :-D
I have no doubt at all you will be on the home stretch before you know it. The weather seems to be on the turn now. We had some awful fog the past few days. Have you got any high viz clothing for the days turning murkier?
Kess
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have a hi viz vest, but don't bother with it. My village is not that busy with traffic, and although I prefer to walk on the road, it's flatter with no bumps, common sense tells me to hop onto the pavement when an automobile comes along. If it starts snowing I might need some crampons, ha ha. Now on 755 miles.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Good morning, it's sunny. I finished September on 789 miles, well ahead of the target for nine months. Now heading for 832 miles at the end of October. I'm having three days walking in Yorkshire this week, staying at Mankinholes Youth Hostel. Bargain at only £7 a night. This will boost my miles further. Weather forecast is good. Onward and upward.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Another 28 miles added onto my total, taking it to 819. I had a day off walking yesterday, my upper leg muscles were a bit achy after all the climbing up and down hills. Worth the effort though, fantastic views. Will resume the 3 miles a day routine now.. Next target 832 by the end of the month. :-D
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Another update. I am on 847 miles now. I am going on a walking break soon to Grange over Sands for four days, lots of footpaths in that area. That will give it a boost. Booked into a nice hotel. Looking forward to a bit of luxury.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Quick update. I did 36 miles last week while on my hols. Lovely walking in a different area, new sights to see. Total now is 883 miles. Two months to go, I should do the 1000 easy, just keep up the 3 miles a day. Wondering what I'm going to do next when it's finished.
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well done you )like( I am absolutely certain you will think of something.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

An update. I am on 930 miles, so, well on track to reach the 1000, possibly by Christmas if I get on with it.

I've had a bit of a boost, I had a free health check at the doctors. They call people in every five years. Blood tested, etc etc, then give a printout of the results. My ideal weight is 8st 13 lbs, mine is 9st 4lbs. I put the extra lbs down to eating a bit of stodge over the winter period. Some of the numbers I don't understand, but my blood pressure is 118/60, ok I think. BMI 21.67 kg/m. Two lots of numbers for my cholesterol, 4.6 and 2.3, good I think. The nurse said, whatever I am doing, keep doing it, all is good. I'm chuffed.
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thats good news )like( You certainly looked fit on tv. Sure you will get to your goal by christmas >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Interesting.

After reading this I thought I'd work out my average weekly walking time (excluding the garden of course!).

I walk my 'patch' 4 times a week (2.5 miles), if I walk to the Lakes and back once a fortnight that's 3.5 miles, Dungeness once a week is always 3.0 miles plus other odd excursions.
So I reckon I clock up around 15 miles a week.

Mind you, it's a snails pace, don't do power walking !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome