depression and the slippery road it leads to.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: depression and the slippery road it leads to.

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I am ok . Only thing o my chest is Lexi the cat . He sleeps on it at night .VBetween the two dogs ,across my arm and leg.
No I am ok , just life as we all know can get the better . Normally it all kicks of at the same time and once sorted , it gets better.
Bob.
(Need a break )
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I also suffer with depression, brought on because I also have anxiety and agoraphobia and the lack of social interaction and being stuck in a lot can bring me down. I've been on antidepressants for years now and am too afraid to come off them, even though I don't think they really work now.

I only talk to my other half about it, if I mention to my mother that I am feeling depressed she will normally say 'oh everyone gets fed up', not realising that being 'fed up' is nothing like depression :?

I'm also a believer in exercise helping and as we have a dog we are in the local park every day and I also hula hoop every day too )t'
Lyn

Well ,change what you can,
reconise what you can not change ,
Be a wise person that can tell the difference.
It would seem that you reconise the problem , maybe you should try stepping out of a comfort zone and bite the bullet , join a dog training class .The dog would be the focal point and you would soon get in and mix with like minded people .
if you do not do something different then it will always be the same.
Life is short get out there and enjoy it.
Trouble comes to us all part of life .How we deal with it makes the difference.
You have a other half so support hopefully is there. He gets the benifit as well.

Good luck , Have a go ,as the saying goes give it 6 weeks and then you can have your trouble back if you dont like it.
I go meetings 2 a week ,free help and love it .Never stop now .
Bob
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Well ,change what you can,
reconise what you can not change ,
Be a wise person that can tell the difference.
It would seem that you reconise the problem , maybe you should try stepping out of a comfort zone and bite the bullet , join a dog training class .The dog would be the focal point and you would soon get in and mix with like minded people .
if you do not do something different then it will always be the same.
Life is short get out there and enjoy it.
Trouble comes to us all part of life .How we deal with it makes the difference.
You have a other half so support hopefully is there. He gets the benifit as well.

Good luck , Have a go ,as the saying goes give it 6 weeks and then you can have your trouble back if you dont like it.
I go meetings 2 a week ,free help and love it .Never stop now .
Bob

The lovely Wendy is our local dog trainer and we used to take Daisy when she was a puppy. Could go back again of course, but as other half has just retired can't really afford to now!

I step out of my comfort zone every day when I leave the house, it's never easy, some days are easier than others, but I keep doing it )t'
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Depression has dogged me for most of my life since teenage years. The root cause was my birthmother giving me up at a few days of age, and when I traced her in my forties, using me like a ping pong ball. I never knew where I was with her. But I have three dearly loved cousins, we are all close, though sadly not geographically.

Thankfully, I had wonderful parents, grannies, and family friends, and I would not change any part of my background other than to have been born into the family who nurtured me.

There has never been a way out of the misery, which descends from time to time, any sort of unkindness still has the power to affect me, and lower my emotions, though being diabetic is also a factor, and once I am on the edge of a down time, I can descend with great speed.

But, I survive, and will continue to do so.

All of you, take care {hug}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

To you all a huge {hug} and {hug&kiss} Spreckedly I hate unkindness and why i get upset when things get heated on here as this is one of my lovely refuges.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
mardatha
Lively Laner

Post by mardatha »

My respect to all of you {hug} I've never had depression but lately am aware of it hanging around ready to sneak in. I've always loved staying out here in the wilds but lately I find myself wishing I stayed in a village with a shop, or a wee cafe - just somewhere to go that had people in it! I sit here at the fire and knit , but sometimes wish I had a knitting group and people to talk to while I'm knitting. Life's a constant battle to stay balanced I think.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Aww. You are right. You think you are doing fine and you can feel it sneaking up.
Being alone doesn't help, as your mind wanders.

Like you I can lose myself in my sewing, but you are always aware there is no one to chat to. Evening being the worse.

It is a shame you haven't a club locally. Are you near people enough, to start your own knitting club. People coming to your home ?
I am on the internet far too much nowadays. But sad though it is, it is my company.
You have all of us here, not the same. But better than feeling a bit down
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
mardatha
Lively Laner

Post by mardatha »

The internet is magic yes )grin2( I've got pals all over the world now. I have got a husband so not totally alone in the evenings Wendy - sorry to hear that you find them the hardest xx. But he watches all the soaps on tv every night - I make him wear headphones lol cos I canny stand the constant drama of it. Does my head in.
Neighbours are a wee bit iffy aren't they? Sometimes best kept at arm's length.. lol. This village has about 24 houses in all, some huge posh ones and two tiny streets of peasant hovels, where I am. The people in the big posh houses are very nice but you never see them, only passing in their Range Rovers or Audis. (we have the Bowes-Lyons here so very posh indeed) The peasants up at this end are mainly farm workers or retired, with one or two who work - they leave early and return late.
I know I'm not on here that often now since I discovered FB but this was always one of the nicest friendliest forums there is, and I don't like to think of any of you being down or depressed xxx What we need is a giant bottle of gin, so we can all have a good greet!
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Yes , I want to move in a field all on my own . BUT ,age is a concern , Need to get it right near enough to people to see and far enough to be on own.
Best to plan a trip , look forward to it , do it and remember it.
Repeat as often as possible.
At least you know what is happening , stop the thoughts before they start to control you.
Best wishes and get out their .
Bob