Eeek, need a filling!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Eeek, need a filling!

Post by Meanqueen »

Oh dear, I'm going to the dentist this afternoon, first time in six years that I need to have something done, always a clean bill of health. A filling has to be drilled out and a new one put in. Could be simple if he doesn't drill down to the nerve. Could be messy if it has to go to a root canal job. Keeping my fingers crossed that he has a steady hand.

I had the option of leaving it, he found a shadow on my x ray indicating that something is going on, but I haven't had any bother from it. Very tempting to just do nothing and see how it may or may not develop. Anyway, I have decided, it's going to be done.
Ilona
wendy

Re: Eeek, need a filling!

Post by wendy »

Not the best way to send an hour or so.
But it is best to do it early rather than wait until you definitely have to have root work done.
Dentistry is moving forward so quickly, I am sure you will notice the different in the equipment since you last went.
Hopefully all will be straight forward and you are in and out in no time.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Well that wasn't too bad, injections to numb worked well, and a nice young man to do the job. I have been seeing Emma for a few years now, and was a bit disappointed to find out that she has left, and Jim has been taken on in her place. I needn't have worried, he was so kind and gentle, letting me spit out when I needed to. I find it hard to not swallow for any length of time.

When I think back to what it used to be like going to the dentist years ago. You are right, Wendy, it has moved on so much now, they are a lot more tuned in to how the patient is feeling. Some of the old style dentists used to be so rough, you darn't move a muscle until they had finished. Now they ask you if you are alright at every step, saying raise your hand if you want me to stop.

Tooth is feeling fine, he did have to drill out a big hole, but managed to avoid touching the nerve. He put a lining in, never heard of that before, then filled it. Should be good for a lot of years. Next check up in September 2017.

If anyone is interested, I am not in a scheme, I am on pay as you go with the NHS. Only once did I get a job done privately, that was a four teeth bridge right at the front. It needed to be done quick and it needed to be right.
Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

I knew it would be a totally difference experience than you have had.
I have always gone every 6 months.
I also get mine done on the NHS, as we all have paid, all our working life for it.
But the problem is often not being able to get an NHS dentist, sadly
Glad all is well
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I used to find that I felt quite ill after a dental injection - as it was wearing off (I suppose the chemical was moving from the gum to the bloodstream generally).
So now, unless she says it is a deep one and I'll need it, I do without. Often the drilling is less painful than the injection. And, as you say, she says I can stop her if I need an injection.
My dentist changed from NHS to private some years ago. They try to sell insurance but I reckon the company has to make a profit out of it, and I can afford to pay as I go, so I do.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire