Running in 30c heat

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Running in 30c heat

Post by fabindia »

Summer is well and true here in Gujarat. The daily highs are now consistently 42/43c, which is pretty hot by any standard.

I still run every day but the trick here is to get up and out of the house at daybreak as the sun is coming up. It is only 30/33c then.

It is a strange life Wendy I lead here :oops:
Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Running in 30c heat

Post by albertajune »

Phew!! I can't even sit in that heat let alone run. I now can't run anyway but you know what I mean. What do you do when the day is at its hottest and how long does this heat last for? I can't remember it being regularly in the 40s in Australia but if it was, it only lasted for a short time. Being regularly in the 30s was bad enough for me.

The lifestyle and all that it entails obviously suits you both and you are enjoying your life in India which is great.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Probably like yourself I have been running (amongst other sports) most of my life, here at present we are hitting the late twenties in between the days that bring the thunderstorms and heavy rain but I am out in all of it and very rarely miss a day, the neighbours think I am mad and they are probably right!

I still enjoy running in the high temperatures after spending @ 10 years in the Middle East where I headed out every day running in them before hitting the swimming pool for many lengths to complete my cardio/endurance training.

With no swimming pool here I have swapped the swimming for hill work before and after my run however age dictates I no longer aim to improve my performance just trying to slow down the decline of it!!!

My Better Half has ordered me to fix my mountain bike this year so we can head of out into the hills like we used to but there is that slight problem of finding the time to do it........

Keep on running and enjoying yourself.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

albertajune wrote:What do you do when the day is at its hottest and how long does this heat last for?

The lifestyle and all that it entails obviously suits you both and you are enjoying your life in India which is great.

I work in an air conditioned office and we air conditioning in the apartment. The streets here are often really crowded but now with the mid-day heat, people are indoors so the streets can look deserted. People then come out on to the streets at night when the normal chaos of India returns.

We are really loving our stay here in India. I basically signed up for a year but may stay a little longer then in is off to Thailand to live for a few years - and SCUBA diving :-D

trev62 wrote:I am out in all of it and very rarely miss a day, the neighbours think I am mad and they are probably right!

Same here! People do stare at me but the majority also say a friendly hello.

At 6:00 am in the morning actually there are a lot of locals out for a morning stroll but I never see other runners. Indians here are really up to that.
Michael