Just wondered

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Just wondered

Post by Gwenoakes »

if anyone would know the answer to this question or had experienced something similar.
A person that lived near to us at the other house and who we became friendly with, not OTT, just watched out for one another has died in hospital the other week.
I think what he was having done was something to do with the aorta, that was starting to leak/could leak at any time which from my understanding would mean death. He was told that because of the position of the leak they could not do keyhole surgery because it was very close to major organs and this was before the op. The op went fine, but then a week later after never coming out of intensive care he was rushed back to theatre with a ruptured colon. During this week he was in terrible pain, his tummy swelled up and he was hilucinating (sp)
They told his wife there had to be a PM which was done and up to doing the PM they said there would be an inquest at the beginning of May with one coroner and one person representing the hospital. Now the PM has been done his wife has been told there will be three coroners, pathologist and everyone that was involved with his care/treatment whilst he was in hospital has to go and they have put it back to the beginning of June.
To me this does not sound good tbh and although I have not said as much to his wife she is having the same thoughts.
Anyone have any ideas please?
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Just wondered

Post by Mo »

I agree (no expert knowledge though)
Sounds like they are covering themselves against negligence claims.
Or more charitably, want to learn what went wrong to avoid it happening again.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

As Mo says, it does sound as if something is not as straight forward as she has been told. Unfortunately things are covered up as I learned when my husband died in intensive care. I won't go into what happened but I had a few meetings with hospital management and eventally received a letter of appology from them for them not giving adequate care and for letting him down. Very hard to live with.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry to hear of that June. {hug}

I guess it should all come out in the wash in June.......I hope for his wife's sake if nothing else. Thanks guys.