Back into the gym

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
saint-spoon

Back into the gym

Post by saint-spoon »

I had my first session in the gym this morning (7am until just after 8).
I must confess that it was a bit difficult after two whole weeks off. I think that I will sleep well tonight and probably awake to aching legs and a stiff back. Oh well that’s what happens and I can rest assured that it is doing me good (probably).
Bah Humbug
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Its never easy to do after a break!

I'm sure you will soon get back into it SS

Not that i have seen the inside of a gym in years! :oops:

Good luck )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oooh I know Dave, I started back to Pilates on Saturday morning at 9 am. That came hard LOL
Good Luck
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

started what? "what is gym"?, and pilattes? is it food?, as i am fit enough without participating, didnt over indulge xmas:):):)
Joanna
Lively Laner

Post by Joanna »

New Zealand is one of the leading extreme sport capitals of the world and it seems everyone has headed this way. The town here has been invaded by people swearing to come away and get fitter. I can understand them going to the gym (not for me though) My local gym back home said they didn't open till 5am for a work out. At that time of the morning I can't work out how to open my eyes!..... but on holiday, please. There are mountain bikers, trampers. surfers, hang gliders, white water rafters, black water rafters, roller bladers , old uncle Tom Cobbley and all!! ....
Me? I'm just stringing up my new hammock !!

Joanna x

http://www.gardencottageblog.ruqqa.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

As Dave and I go to the gym and pilates all year around, I don't think over indulging at Christmas is it.
We are maintaining what we have.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

sorry Wendy didnt mean it bad as i dont have to participate in this sort of thing as im slim enough and walk long enough , and have a active lifestyle without paying a fortune for these things
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Face it Sharon, you're like me - a nervous wreck - and lucky !

It isn't always about exercise and eating well, it's simply some are born to be skinny or slim and some have the metabolism the other way.

You and I could eat exactly the same as two other people for a year - we'd stay the same and they'd put on three stone.

If I don't exercise or work, I don't put on weight and to be honest, I want to put on weight !

Blimey, I don't call myself fit !

From a personal point of view (and a lot of other blokes), I like a volupscious woman !!!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

(f+ (f+ (f+

im the same richard so is my boss he told me its because we fidget alot,when im sat down my foot taps or my leg shakes and when im in bed i rub my feet together to get to sleep, it drives my hubby mad :)

i have a friend that eats quite healthy and goes to the gym she is about 3 sizes bigger than my but i would say she was more healthy and prob live longer than me.

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

If the truth be know I go to the gym, in part at least, so that I can eat more pies and drink more ale without ballooning too much.
I’m a bit achy at the mo because I did two hours worth this morning (nothing on at work this week). I didn’t intend to, it just sort of happened; one minute I was thinking “just twenty mins on the cross trainerâ€
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Exactly getting to my point SS. I could eat that meal every day of the week and not have to even start to think I'd have to do something to lose excess weight caused by it.

It's the old thing, which I think we discussed before and that is 'being fit doesn't mean you're healthy' and I based it on the Cricket Teams where one doesn't need to exercise as much to get weight down as the other.

I still maintain that I and someone else could eat and do exactly the same things for a year and they'd gain weight, I wouldn't.

Morbid, but I've seen people who look amazingly good and heard they'd had a heart attack the week after or have something lurking underneath etc. etc. etc.

When most people say to me that I look well, I reply "Swap bodies then?".
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Richard i would say the same:):):)
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Sorry im dreaming of eating it without the cost of course!, oh my mouth is watering