Electric Blankets

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Electric Blankets

Post by Richard »

Some may recall the 'I have frugaly sinned' thread in Frugal Living when I owned up to purchasing an Electric Underblanket, using various excuses to justify the cost.

Well I can now.

I have not had one single sign of Foot / Ankle / Leg Cramp during the night since using it and that's a few weeks now.

Before it was every night, up to four times I'd wake up, push against the wall etc. Occasionally leaping out of bed when the back of the leg went and it was really painful.

Has anyone found any other 'ailments' are better when you have the blanket on ie back etc.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Never used an electric blanket, do you leave it on all night? I would roast, I have the window open every night and sleep right next to it, couldn't cope with a heat source although hubby may appreciate it :oops:

Mind you thinking about it, before I got married (I can just about remember back the almost 22 years :shock: ) I do remember being cold at night, so maybe hubby acts as an electric blanket????

Thats your answer Richard - find someone to cuddle up to and you won't have to switch the blanket on, you will save £££££
juicylucy
Longlasting Laner

Post by juicylucy »

I leave mine on all night sometimes and its total bliss.
Richard are you leaving yours on through the night?
Mine uses hardly any electric.
I tried to do a bit of research as to weather or not its safe to leave on overnight and think it depends on what type of blanket it is and if the instruction manual says you can..it was all very sketchy.
My manual says not to sleep overnight on the pre heat setting so i am assuming that its safe to sleep on whilst set to the normal heat settings..mine doesnt have a thermostat.
What does yours say richard about leaving it on thru the night?
1 gorgeous boxer dog, 2 oap cats, 1 black star and 10 ex battery girls
http://www.henrehomers.net/
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I dont have one!

But the heat must be doing you good Richard, its keeping the circulation going!

Keep doing it!

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

OH bought me one for Christmas. I have to say it's the best present I've ever had :-D :-D :-D I love it! (I don't even care about the electricity because it is so essential to my happiness and well-being :oops: )

Lucy X
derra
Lively Laner

Post by derra »

I love my electric blanket, not only is it a comfort, it eases my "Restless Legs" and achey hips I get after a 12 hour shift. Sometimes I leave it on the lowest setting all night, it so cold here at the moment. Juli
hfbinnie
Lively Laner

Post by hfbinnie »

Thats your answer Richard - find someone to cuddle up to and you won't have to switch the blanket on, you will save £££££

I can remember seeing a picture of Richard cuddling up with 'that special someone' )t' )t' )t' :-D
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Kate,

No, I just warm the bed before I get in. I think I was getting the cold feet and legs shock before.

My circulation's not all that brilliant. I get those numb white fingers a lot !
I had a slighty dicky heart at one stage, murmour suddenly appeared, palpataions, missing beats etc., but it got better after an angio job and a few beta blockers.

I take half an aspirin a day now. All's well (OMG at least I think it is!!!!!)

As for a woman, yes it would be nice, but I can only seem to find good ones !

Richard

(well, wash your mouth out with soap and water Richard)
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Ooo you're a bad man Richard ((w What you really need is a GOOD woman to look after you not a bad woman to wear you out even more :-D :-D

A glass of red wine a day is supposed to be good for your heart, mine must be very good as once the bottle is open I struggle to stop till its empty :oops:
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

OOh Richard - an electric blanket sounds like HEAVEN to me! I am so blooming freezing in bed these nights (for some reason rad not getting warm in bedroom) I have the duvet + 2 dressingowns over me! :shock:

Just don't seemed to have warmed up at all since that cold snap! confused>
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Bok bok bok
Lively Laner

Post by Bok bok bok »

I had an electric blanket in a previous life!

IT WAS HEAVEN!! It did help my back, but I had an all night setting which just warmed things nicely!

An excellent investment, if it gives you a better nights sleep!

x
2 children, half a springer Spaniel, a Hamster, 2 Goldfish and an allotment. And a very excited, now mummy of some chickens again, Daisey, Dotty and Master Yoda!

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion!
untouchable
Longlasting Laner

Post by untouchable »

Ive got one and leave it on the 'all night' low setting. Its great because if I have to get up to the baby, I don't have to get back into a chilly bed.

Richard, the white fingers bit...I think thats called Raynaud's disease. My ex hubby had it from when he was about 20, and was told to take ginger suppliments as thats supposed to help with the symptoms?

He didnt hang around long enough to be able to tell me the outcome though....

)de:
3 kids, 4 dogs, one pony, 3 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits, 1 snake, 5 lovely chooks...I guess you can say I love my animals!