Temperature in Hospitals

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

The staff in the maternity wards are very aware now of the risk of babies overheating. My daughter was told that if he had a vest and a sleep suit he didn't need a blanket.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I had Grace in the bed beside me in just vest and nappy - ended up in just her nappy because she was roasted!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I only had my youngest 4 years ago and they knew about the risk of overheating then, so I don't know why they kept doing it.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

When I was in Greece in 2007 it was 43 degrees - just right for me. I am permanently freezing cold - have had 4 jumpers and the heating and the log fire on this week. I have 2 duvets, a blanket (doubled) and 2 dressing gowns on the bed!

Just seem unable to warm up.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

Hospitals are far too warm for me. I cannot visit people for too long without grumbling how hot it is. I spent one night in hospital, and was fortunate I had a room to myself, cos I had to have the windows wide open all night, and drank gallons of water. I begged to be discharged after lunch - could not bear the heat

I used to work in the offices of a hosptial, and in mid winter I would go to work in my summer clothes the heat was unbearable..

My elderley uncle who lived in this cold farmhouse before us, spent a week in hospital, and he found it far too hot. In fact, at the end of the week he picked up a chest infection, and sadly died.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Re: Temperature in Hospitals

Post by Sunny B »

Teasel, that's awful.

I agree with hospitals being too hot and stuffy, the same goes for our doctor's waiting room, I always feel I will come out with more germs than I went in with. Open the windows, I say!

When I was a child the waiting room for the doctor was unheated all year round. There were no appointments, you just turned up and joined the queue, and might end up waiting for over an hour in the cold, which was no fun and probably weeded out a few malingerers because you had to be pretty desperate to see the doctor!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker