On the wagon......

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Post by wendy »

In 2000 I went to weight watchers. I lost over 28lb. Nothing fancy it is just healthy eating.
I got to my goal weight in 4 months and have kept it off ever since.
We are all on a diet, it is whether it is a healthy one or not.
Tonight I have had 2 glasses of white wine and a bowl of pringles, I do not stint myself. Just don't have it nightly.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Crikey Teasal - did they find out what the cause of it was?

Well done Wendy )t'
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

Well done Kate, I can finish a bottle once it is opened. Ill have one glass of wine but end up drinking the bottle. I think if you can get out of the habit youv'e cracked it. A few months ago my son bought me a pack of nine flakes, I had one and then ate the rest one after the other without a break, now that is greedy! But when I go shopping now I have to make sure I dont go near the chocolate counter, cause I could quite easy buy a load of flakes.I think it is the feeling of the pleasure I had eating all thoes flakes.We realy do have to use our will power dont we.
chickens rock!!!
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

It was stomach ulcers causing my acid problem. Brought on by stress it seems. Had a course of tablets for three months, which helped. But I was ill for nearly a year after coming off the tablets. Have the odd blip, but nowhere near as bad as it was, so long as I am careful with what I eat, and getting stressed. Anyone with acid reflux has my total sympathy - its a horrible thing to suffer with.

I had my bed up on bricks at the top end, because lying down made it ten times worse. I lived on plain noodles and mashed potato, as that was the only thing that did not bring the pain on, so no wonder I went so thin!!! Not a slimming aid I would recommend though.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

OMG Teasal sounds a nightmare. I have three pillows under my head/neck and am usually OK laying on my back, but if I turn on my side it can be bad.

Hope you are better now :)
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Well I have fallen off the wagon BUT into a vat of white wine instead of red. Now I always thought white wine would be far more acidic, but I had been given one of those little 25cl bottles in a mini Christmas hamper, and it looked very lonely in the fridge so I drank it one night last week and no acid reflux.

I have also had a glass of rose and again no problem. At the weekend we went out for a meal with friends and I had 3 or 4 glasses of Chardoney, and again no problem.

Its very strange I am not even getting troubled in the day with it either which I was before confused> I am not complaining, I do enjoy a glass or two :-D
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Hi Kate, as a lover of the red I couldn't give it up, i don't have many pleasures in life but that is one of them, i was actually going to say why don't you try drinking white instead! my Brother used to get acid terrible (also a red wine lover) but he now drinks white and don't suffer hardly at all anymore :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

The white wine seems to be fine, no real problems thank goodness, I never thought I could give up the red but needs must :-D