pics by seahorse

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: pics by seahorse

Post by kate egg »

Oooo love alpacas :-D The lady in the cottage next to our holiday cottage that we stayed in last week keeps them, she has 10 I think including 2 babies that were only 3 weeks old - so cute :-D :-D
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Yes, that's his tail feather and I have a few more in a pot nearby :-D . It was hard trying to paint layers of feathers and took some time, I also got his legs wrong and had to paint over them and start again.
Looove chucks!
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Kate , did you get to stroke any of the Alpacas? I believe the girls are more friendly than the boys. I can hand feed 3 out of 4 now. Poor Samuel doesnt get a look in as they spit if he comes to join in , I think he needs to be fed separately , he gets sooo paranoid :shock: They are so pretty close up, lovely eyelashes.
Looove chucks!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

No we didn't stroke them, we had been planning to go with the neighbour to feed them but it never happened, suddenly it was Friday and pouring with rain :?
I walked past their field with the dog once and they appeared to get quite upset and made really strange shrieky noises, but the lady says they always do it and are used to poeple going by.
One of the males was unfriendly - it was in an enclosure of its own as it kept biting the others :oops:
We are hoping to go back again sometime so that will give us another chance, it was a fantastic setting looking out over the rolling fields almost to the sea, bliss )t'
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I love your paintings seahorse, I am glad you have shared them! I really like your style. You have given the Alpacas personalities, and the Colonel is so Handsome. You have obviously put alot of work and care into them. They are fab! :-D

Ma Larkin
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

That's really kind of you to say so. I love painting but only animals or abstract stuff. I have done 90 percent of the art in our house, mainly because I am too tight to buy any !!! :-D No Picassos or Monets here. (f+
Looove chucks!