Fundraising.

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
SHewson
Lively Laner

Fundraising.

Post by SHewson »

In respect of my other post about our theatre project, I wondered if anyone had any fundraising ideas.

The wackier the better !!!!
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Fundraising.

Post by Babycakes »

I used to have a lot of fun fundraising for our wee local thatre group.
We did an annual sponsored cycle, we did a bed push (all dressed up in panto costumes) OH and we had a sponsored fancy dress hockey match as part of the town's summer festival, that was a good laugh. We live in a seaside town, and part of the summr festival is a raft race, so we built a raft and got sponsorship to enter that too.
We also held dances in the community centre, and things like our own Oscar ceremony which we sold tickets for, and members made the food etc to keep costs down. We got local businesses to donate prizes for raffles and ballots too.
Have you ever done a 500 Club?? It costs £5 to enter - it has to be a £5 note. You write the person's name on the edge of the fiver, and when you have £500 (ie- 100 entries) you put all the fivers in a box and pull one out - that person wins £250 and the group keeps the other £250.
If I remeber anything else I'll let you know!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Our best fundraisers were Auction of Promises. Get people to promise a "Lot".
Anything goes, thing or skills, from gardening to cooking, trip to the houses of parliament, ride in vintage car, tray of eggs, load of manure etc etc. Then you have the auction, afterwards the buyer contacts the person to redeem the promise.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
SHewson
Lively Laner

Post by SHewson »

Thanks for those some really good ones. They have given me some food for thought.

Please keep them coming.