Bargain!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Bargain!

Post by Babycakes »

I got a selection of about 10 rubber stamps (mostly christmas ones) including a large christmas tree for just £2 :-D
I tried them out last night and they are really nice - so everyone can expect hand made cards and gift tags this year )t'
I'm even thinking about making some wrapping paper for small presents by stamping on good old brown parcel paper....
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Bargain!

Post by Mo »

I used to do this with Playgroup.
Something that looks reasonable without too much supervision. (Some of the Christmas things were a bit more adult-led than the experimental/free expression stuff we did most of the time). So the presents they made to take home for parents were wrapped in computer printer paper, stamped with trees and bells). Maybe we did one 'good' one for a Christmas card, then let them loose to to stamp ad-lib.
Have fun.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

and its only 20 weeks away :-D
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I bought some Xmas stamps in a boot sale last year and put them somewhere safe......found them in march so have put them somewhere I will remember them this year...... confused> :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I got a really beautiful 1960s-style enameled biscuit tin for £1 in the charity shop yesterday, and have put all my stamps in there so I know where they are :-D
I got home from work at 10pm last night and just sat down at my crafting table to tidy up a little, and though, I might as well put on my new Agatha Christie audio book (£1.99 for an unabridged reading by the Suchet who played Poirot, another charity shop find!) for 10 minutes while I tidy.....
......3 1/2 hours and later I had made 9 gift tags and finished 3 cards I started on thursday!! I will post pictures soon, I'm quite pleased with my efforts.
Am on the early shift today, so am currently sitting in reception looking like this---> $cf$
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!