Sewing machine ideas

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Sewing machine ideas

Post by Totally Scrambled »

How about patchwork underpants? My OH has been promising to make me some for years but I'm still pantless {cry}
Dom
Ali Woks My World
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I just remembered, I was going to send you a pattern for the fabric Chickens I made last year! I will try and sort it out for you. I have had problems with my computer, so I cannot find things easily! What about Christmas decorations? I make fabric Apples, Birds, hearts and boots! Oven gloves and Pinnies?

Ma Larkin (f+
Sara

Post by Sara »

Sorry to jump on your post jen :oops:

Ma larkin, could i also have a copy of the pattern for fabric chickens please? I have searched the internet and cant find anything suitable.... I would love to make them as christmas pressies..... )t'

Jen, just a thought..... How about one of those sausage bags that you keep carrier bags in? or prehaps a thingymajig that you put at the bottom of doors to stop draughts? I quite like the idea of christmas decs though.... (f+ Have fun with the new machine. )ot: When do you start uni? or have you started?

Sarax
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Jen,
I'm sure there will be tutors who would love them. Such a gift could get you leeway with any deadlines you may find are likely to be overdue.
Good luck at Uni.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I`ve just enrolled on a night school class in dressmaking and soft furnishing as I have aquired a machine without instructions and haven`t a clue what to do!

I thought about making a quilted patchwork runner for the bed for the cats to sleep on, in the same colours as two cushions I have already made. They have a block on them in the shape of a cat`s face and it`s quite effective. I have some material left over so would thought I would try to put it to good use.

How about fleecy hats and scarves for kids for christmas? The kids at my school love making these on the machine.

Also, patchwork bags similar to the ones Ilona makes.

You could try selling some items at uni to make a bit of money. If you use stuff you have made, its free advertising too.

Also, patchwork socks might be useful.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Jen wrote:uni starts on thursday.. scary stuff!!

Good luck for thursday jen, hope everything goes ok, )t' Let us know what it was like!!! {hug}

Sara x

Sara XxX
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Mmmm... sis gave me a good electric machine last year, really must have another try with it! I feel another draught excluder sausage coming on! )j;
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I like the idea of the fabric chickens - are there any photos of them on the forum? If not, could you post one please? I may join the list for a pattern too...
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Ohhh I am another sewing machine addict here and would also love to see a picture of the fabric chickens please. You all might be interested in this chicken doorstop too, it is a very easy pattern and quick to make. I haven't made it myself yet though, despite having it in my favourites for around a year!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ow-to-make" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Thanks Meg. My Daughter has just got a sewing maching so I've sent her the pattern (she also keeps chickens). I am expecting a call to go round and show her how the machine works which will probably take as long as it takes to make the chicken!
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thats great Meg, thanks. I have been looking for a pattern as i want to make chicken door stops for christmas pressies.... )t' Just what i needed.
Looks like i will be making chickens this afternoon :-D

Sara x (f+

Sara XxX
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

That was lucky that I had that pattern for all this time, not giving it a thought before to post it on here :oops: Did you make any Sara? I too must give this a go, although I don't know anybody else that would appreciate one :shock:
Sara

Post by Sara »

I havent made one yet, but it is on my list :oops: I made a rather funny looking cat the other day but i need to find some more scraps of material... Will try to post a pic when i get around to making one )t'

Sara XxX
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Yes please I'd love to see a picture once you have made one (or more!). I am going to make a draught excluder next week if I get the time, for the front door. I want to make a cat or dog one rather than a plain one. Actually I might google them and see if I can find a really unusual looking one )t' You never know I might find a chicken one :shock:
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I am making some of my fabric chickens today, and I was hoping to take pictures as I go along, but I cannot get the camera to work, and my OH is not here to fix it {mr.angry} {mr.angry}

So hopefully I will be able to post a picture later when he is back, and I will have to try and describe how to make them

Ma Larkin