Cross and frustrated

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Cross and frustrated

Post by secret squirrel »

I bought a pattern while I was on hols for a knitted tea cosy. Got all the materials from a shop in Totness and settled down to start.
I have got to within 5 rows of finishing the main part and run out of the main colour wool. gggrrrrrr. )dwn:

I have followed the instructions but there seems to be a miscalculation in the amount of main colour needed. I think it should have been 2 balls instead of 1, because the lining is also in main colour.

Now I shall have to go on a hunt for a wool shop (not many around here) and get some more wool and start again. Its very frustrating. )dwn: )dwn:
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
misty
Legendary Laner

Re: Cross and frustrated

Post by misty »

Calm down and try 'tinternet'.
wendy

Post by wendy »

OMG. I would kill if that happened. Certainly write to the publishers and complain. I think frustrated is a mild word for it, Lorna.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
JUNO
Lively Laner

Post by JUNO »

I can understand your frustration and hope you can find some more of the yarn you are using.
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

How annoying!!! Same thing has happened to me. I have been knitting a jumper since Easter (Its only my 2nd attempt) I have done the front and back, and I am halfway through a sleeve but I am sure I will not have enough wool to do the other one. Hmmm...
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

)ot: slightly OOhh my brother lives in Leighton Buzzard, and I am sometimes up that way. I used to teach violin in lots of the schools im the town until I left to have my family. My brother took my job and stayed up there. We lived five mins from the end of Luton Airport runway, just behind Vaxhaul motors.

It is a bit frustrating when you run out of wool. Its only a small project and took me a couple of days but I shall still have to start again.
There dont seem to be so many wool shops around any more, at least not around here. In fact theres not much of anything except r***y supermarkets and charity shops, fast food places and takeaways.
I think I may try Misty`s suggestion and try `tinternet. )t'
lorna
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

secret squirrel wrote:)ot: slightly OOhh my brother lives in Leighton Buzzard, and I am sometimes up that way. I used to teach violin in lots of the schools im the town until I left to have my family. My brother took my job and stayed up there. We lived five mins from the end of Luton Airport runway, just behind Vaxhaul motors.

I am finally getting used to living in Leighton Buzzard Squirrel after 5 years! I wish there were more chicken folk around here though!

Do you still teach the Violin? Its a difficult to learn isnt it?
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

The school where my sister-in-law is a school governor(I think) has some resued chickens, I was chatting to her about it the other day.
I can think of worse places to live, you know. We spent the new year there, this year. It was cold and damp and slightly foggy, but it was nice to be up that way again. Ist kinda like a second home, as we used to live up that way.
My memory tells me it used to `bustle` a bit more but I suppose it depends on what time of the year and what day of the week you go into the town centre. My brother lives at the Hockcliffe end. on a main road. (f+
lorna