Dowsing Pendulums

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Dowsing Pendulums

Post by Richard »

I made these about five years ago, I dowse quite a bit and it was one of those 'something to do' things.

All you need is Hazelnut wood (or Ash, Blackthorn, Willow, Rowen), a Stanley Knife, Furniture Polish and a warm fire to sit beside on a cold winters day.

[center]Image[/center]

In fact I made so many, to my astonishment sold some at £3 a piece at a Boot Fair !

They're not artistic, but 'do what it says on the wood' !

I have a couple of Crystal one's as well which were gifts, but at the end of the day, you can use anything. I've used my Car Keys before now.

Richard

PS - Dave, I didn't have to make one to find them !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Dave
Legendary Laner

Re: Dowsing Pendulums

Post by Dave »

i know you didn't
i sent you a telepathic message telling you were they were
you must remember the little voice in your head telling you
were you had left them
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

I just have an Amethyst birthstone pendulum, but the old coat hangers are very reliable! )t'

I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Gosh, they look like wooden bullets don't they? For some reason I was expecting a forked branch - like for water divining. Is the ridge around the middle of some of them for anything particular?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mallard, I only use coat hangers as well, tried the branch, but didn't get on with it. The Plastic one's are easier.

Somewhere, I don't know where Dave, I have a Bobber, or 'Wand' (a long metal springy stick with a weight on the end - you hold it out horizontally in front of you and use as a pendulum).

I believe it's more a science and has no 'spiritual' undertones. It's just a bit of a mystery, but it works !

The US Army used Dowsers in Vietnam to find tunnels, NASA use them and the British Army have them as well. They're employed by Oil Companies, all sorts of things.

Electrostress and Geopathic Stress are also fascinating subjects and knowing about that really does help with illness and insomnia etc. It's all about where you put your bed in relation to Appliances and wiring etc., etc.

Those who haven't tried, do a google, it can be a really good and useful hobby.

My Dowsing Page.....http://www.downthelane.net/Page_29.php

'New Age Living' (link below last post) sell Crystal Pendulums at £8.99, go to their Homepage and search 'pendulums'.

Richard )t'

PS...Mallard....what do you dowse ?
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

PS...Mallard....what do you dowse ?

Not done any for years, but a couple of days ago someone doing a lot of deep digging on the allotments wanted to locate an old waterpipe. Quite easy! :-D
Must admit the pendulum was bought as a birth stone 'cos it had a nice pentacle on it! One of these days it will do more than dangle straight down, unmoving?? :oops:
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nice about the Allotment !

I must ry it with the Grandkids - hide a coin under a rug and I pin point it etc.
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I actually saw some drainage people dowsing with bent rods the other day :shock: .Luv it its great fun!!!
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
dogcatcher
Longlasting Laner

Post by dogcatcher »

I find brass welding rods to be much more sensitive than steel coathangers.