My pincushion I made yesterday

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meg
Lively Laner

My pincushion I made yesterday

Post by Meg »

I have had my embroidery machine for just over two years now and although I have used it loads, it is mainly just for framed pictures. Yesterday I decided to make this pincushion. I am really pleased with how it has come out. I have nearly finished another one with owls on it. Do you think these would sell if i opened an Etsy shop and built up a stock of them. I would obviously vary designs and colours. I have absolutely loads of embroidery files that i could easily convert into pin cushions. The idea started when I was thinking about making a couple of sewing family members and when I finished the hen one it came out so much better than I thought. I am keeping this one for me but I would really appreciate your feedback.

Arggghhh, just realised I think my photo bucket account has expired and I don't have time to sort it out at the moment as I am off to the Hastings Bonfire Night in the minute!! The photo of it is on my blog though. Feedback very muich appreciated. Obviously this first one is just a protocol :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: My pincushion I made yesterday

Post by kate egg »

Its gorgeous Sharon )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I love it Sharon. Gorgeous colours. Yes, I think they would sell, they are very original. Go for it. )t'

Ilona
Sara

Post by Sara »

That looks lovely........ Very very nice )t' And i like your blog too.... :-D

Sara x
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
manda

Post by manda »

It's beautiful Sharon
xx
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I have added the owl one to my blog now )t'
manda

Post by manda »

The owls are lovely - I would love to do full size cushions with the chickens and owls. Pity I am about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to sewing...I have a machine and I do intend to sit down one day and try and learn how to use it properly but....not happened yet :?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

They are beautiful,well done :razz: i defo think with Xmas coming up people would buy them as stocking fillas )t' By the by ,we have identical cats,ours is called pickle and also brings us cute ,live pressies! )j;
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

They are lovely Meg! Really impressed!

Ma Larkin (f+
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

They are lovely! )t' And I loved what you have done with the furniture, too! I would never have thought of doing that to get a unified look in a million years {cry}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Thanks, I have made three more yesterday, different embroideries on the top )t' They are all ready to have the gap closed by hand. I'm looking forward to that :-D I have just got back from town with more embroidery supplies )t' My Mum loved the owl one and wants to buy it off me for a present for my auntie who sews all the time )t' Is this my first customer??? :shock: :-D )t'

I'll upload the others to my blog later today to show you all. Oh and also use the SLR camera, my little snapshot camera is taking awful pictures lately judging by the ones on my blog!!

Sunny that style of furniture is called 'Shabby Chic' It looks great if you do all your furniture like that in one room so it all matches and then throw in lots of flora and crochet afghans. You get a lovely homely look (if that's what you like). Obviously if you don't like that sort of style then it may just look like 'painted badly' :shock: I am slowly achieving ' the look' in my bedroom.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Looking good! Your blog is very professional too. Sadly, I think my life is too uninteresting to have a blog about! :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com