Present for my nephew

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Present for my nephew

Post by kate egg »

Here is the cushion I have been knitting for my 3 year old autistic nephew - I hope he likes it! He loves Thomas the Tank Engine so fingers crossed )t'
It is normal cushion size (about 14 inches across) so should hopefully be just right for cuddling :-D I adapted a pattern for a Thomas jumper and a knitted cusion to make it 8) And I knitted the name into the pattern, this happens to be my nephew's name too :razz:
Attachments
Thomas cusion back.jpg
Thomas cusion back.jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Thomas cusion front.jpg
Thomas cusion front.jpg (48.95 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
Last edited by kate egg on 06 Nov 2009, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Sara

Re: Present for my nephew

Post by Sara »

Oh that looks lovely. Im sure he will love it. :-D

Good for you, I wouldnt have a clue where to start with a knitting needle. :oops:
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Wow! That's fab :-D
I'm sure he'll love it, what 3 year old boy wouldn't?

Clever you :-D Like Sara, I wouldn't even know where to start :oops:

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's lovely Kate. You certainly are getting on with your knitting, you be carefull your needles will be going that fast they will create a spark and you will catch fire. )j;

Ilona
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

That's lovely, Kate! It's funny how the autistic children love Thomas, mine is 11 and still enjoys watching a Thomas DVD occasionally - he wore out all the videos we had!

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=368&a=2683
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Not started any fires yet Ilona {rofwl}

Sunny B that's really interesting, I have looked at the NAS website a few times but haven't spotted this. I'm sure my sister has but I will send her the link just in case )t' I have also bought our Thomas a whistle and go Thomas for Christmas - he has to blow a whistle and the train will move. I'm not sure if he will be able to do it but hopefully he will learn. Also a Thomas book that he presses buttons (he loves buttons!) and it plays tunes. His 3rd birthday last month was very Thomas oriented too so we have to be careful not to duplicate. Ther's so much more available now though, when my boys were little and loved Thomas it was much harder to get any toys. They are 17, 19 and 21 now so not interested any more {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Kate thats lovely well done, sure he will love it )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

The cushion is fab, Kate. How did you make the piping? It is so neatly done, it could be manufactured but I see that it is knitted like the rest.

Note to self: finish the cardi you are knitting before starting any new projects, Effie. Bad girl {warn}
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

The piping is just 7 stitches, to get the diagonal effect you knit 1, pick up the loop between the next 2 stitches, knit 4, slip 1, knit 1 and pass the slip stich over! (Reverse is purl) You do 4 rows of each colour and keep going till its long enough :-D I had to start stitching it in place after a while as I needed to be sure that it would be just the right length. I think it would have been neater if I had used smaller needles but only had that size and am too impatient to get it finished )t'
manda

Post by manda »

That is gorgeous Kate well done ..I'm sure he will love it.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks Manda - I hope he does and one thing for sure if he doesn't I will know :razz: , with autistic children what you see is what you get. He is a lovely happy little boy and Thomas mad so fingers crossed {rofwl}