Mum's Christmas Present finished!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Mum's Christmas Present finished!

Post by kate egg »

Hot off the press so to speak, I am not 100% happy with it and hope she likes it, it has taken quite a while to do and again I have learnt a lot )t'
Attachments
front.jpg
front.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
back.jpg
back.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
p.penn

Re: Mum's Christmas Present finished!

Post by p.penn »

Is it knitted Kate? It is very pretty and very clever. I love the roses. )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

Aww that's gorgeous Kate - I'm sure she'll be chuffed to bits with it.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Yes it's knitted Helen, I seem to be adicted at the mo! But the white wool seems quite fine and you can see through it where I have carried the other colour wools across.
I think it would have been better with a heavier wool, but its too late now :? and I don't fancy doing it again as it was very fiddly............
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Wow, that is gorgeous, I'm sure she will love it, I know I would )t'
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks but I still am not sure, its not as good as the Thomas one, and I have checked the wool ticket and it doesn't say if its double knitting or 4-ply, but my guess is 4-ply and that's why its so 'thin' :?
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Your mum will love it, I am sure.

I wish I was good at knitting - if it was me it would have huge holes in it, Kate :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Kate if you are not happy with it becaus you think the white is too thin, how about knitting some strips in to fit the whole length and width of the cushion to line the inside. I'm not sure if you have woven the colours or not, but if you haven't and they are looped across inside, you could tuck the strips of white knitting under the coloured strands iykwim. That way you wouldn't be able to see them where they are looped across to the next rose pattern. )t'
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks - that sounds good advice )t' Not sure I cuold undo where I have stiched the binding on though :? I think what I should have done was not carry any colours across, but sometimes I had 10 different lengths of wool on the go, so I thought it would save confusion to link some ares - obviously not a good idea. I am toying with keeping this one and making another for mum and being certain it is double knitting before I start! I don't like to give something that I am not really pleased with.........
pugmum
Lively Laner

Post by pugmum »

That is really nice-well done. Personally i would always rather have something that was just for me-preferably made by the giver of the gift. Of course not everyone is as talented as you!
I am going abroad to spend christmas with my sister and i would love to make her something but i feel a bit inhibited as her mother in law (who is a very nice person BTW) is a champion knitter, sewer, quilter etc and i doubt i would ever measure up to her amazing expertise...so i have decided to buy her something from ethical superstore. (f+
Its a lovely cushion and i'm sure your mum will love it.
Julie x
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Ah thanks Julie :-D I have had a lot of fun knitting little gifts this autumn. And hopefully it will show how much I love the recipients )t' Hope you have a great Christmas trip - somewhere warm???
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Kate its beautiful, your mum will love it,

A lady at work knits dolls clothes I must remember to get an outfit of her for my daughters old doll, I want it to sit on my bed, I often give them a cuddle, as well as my lovely paddington, its very comforting.
I love knitted dolls clothes.

regards

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Here is the next one - this one has turned out better although still not perfect!
I have decided to keep the first one myself and my very old teddy is sitting on it in my bedroom :-D

I also decided to knit my step-dad some fingerless mittens after he admired the ones I had made for myself - they are personalised for him in the colours of the Belgian flag - his home country )x1( And yes there is a pair {rofwl}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Kate you have been busy, they are great )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"