From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Chris H
Learner Laner

Post by Chris H »

Hi, just joined, and have received great help with poorly chicken question.
I am a spinner/weaver who teaches patchwork and quilting if I can help anyone I am more than happy to :-D
I am teaching myself to knit at the moment but as one of my dogs has just been seen chewing my knitting needles, that are no longer holding the scarf I was knitting I think I may be going back to the drawing board!!
New Years resolution is to knit a pair of socks....................not sure which year
manda

Re: New Member

Post by manda »

Hi there and welcome - pity about the knitting :-D
What sort of things do you weave?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Chris H
Learner Laner

Post by Chris H »

I wove all sorts but I sold fleece rugs woven from scoured sheeps fleece, used to make 3 a day but the hands started to give out, most weavers have bits that wear out!!
Still teach it and warp looms for people, love the whole thing. Now I teach Patchwork & Quilting and write a bit, I have now learnt to get the knitting needles out of Pearl the pug's way.
manda

Post by manda »

We like pictures :-D Would be very interested to see piccies. I was only talking to someone he other week about weaving as she had her own sheep and spun her own wool. Whilst I don't keep sheep (find them silly bodies!) I am interested in the wool and spinning - would love to do it in the future - at the moment it's a bucket list thing.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Chris H
Learner Laner

Post by Chris H »

The good thing about crafts is that you can always go back to them once you have the basic idea. I like the idea of knitting but it takes so long, I can quilt much faster, and on a cold day like today they are so cosy!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi Chris - welcome to the forum. Would love to hear more about your weaving and quilting )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Chris H
Learner Laner

Post by Chris H »

Well they keep in out of trouble! )w(
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Fab! Have you got any pictures of your work? I am really interested in weaving. I love quilting and made one once as a commission, but putting it together at the end was a nightmare!

Welcome to the Forum Chris!

Ma Larkin :-D
Chris H
Learner Laner

Post by Chris H »

Thanks for the welcome, I will have to sort out those pics.
Weaving can be worked in so many ways, from a simple frame to a floor loom, I think that is why it has such an appeal, and of course you can weave so many things. Now adays I mostly patchwork and quilt moving to Wales three years ago introduced me to wholecloth work, which is a real wonder.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Hello and welcome {hug}

I think Pearl the pug was just trying to live up to her name :-D {rofwl}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!