cycling

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
wafflycat

cycling

Post by wafflycat »

That's my main hobby of choice. It's the family hobby.

Husband & I cycle for leisure and the son cycles competitively (time trials). We are all fairly passionate about our cycling. I've got four steeds, a road bike (racer), tourer, hybrid and a recumbent trike. Husband has a tourer, road bike, an ancient hack road bike and a err... *unique* road bike made by a local designer which I think is err.. well, I'd not have it! Son has hack MTB, hack road bike, seriously good road bike and seriously good time trial bike. He's getting a new time trial frameset for this season too, courtesy of the manufacturer, which is nice. This is his current time trial steed:

I'm comfortable up to 200km in a day as I'm a Ninja Pootler of the lanes.
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

I'm rubbish on a bike, I don't do wind, flies or hills & my knees are Kaput :cry:
My other 1/2 & uncle do a lot of cycling, they did the C2C cycle ride a few years back, I did the tents & drove a head & set up camp each day, it was beautiful, they did a slightly different route, they started on the beach in Cumbria near Millom, as my auntie lives there, they biked through the lakes then onto Wenslydale & over to Hornsea north of Hull, it was stunning scenery.
They cycled through Ireland in 2005, again I did the tents, 2006 we did the Gorges of Verdon in the south of france, now that's what I call scenery, we thought we'd died & gone to heaven.
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Used to cycle to work a long time ago. But haven't been on a bike since.
Son in Law is a lunatic like you are, because of his Iron Man.
Good for you
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

cool bike! I only cycle for transport.
There's no cure for stupidity.
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

cycling

Post by 4 french hens »

Hi,
where we are in France, (Poitou-Charente), the countryside offers superb cycling and lovely scenery.
We are currently building a chambre-d'hote to open in about 2 years time and will be offering cycling holidays as part of the business.
Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.