From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Re: Battered and Bruised

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Poor you!! You must be a glutton for punishment if you,re going again! {rofwl}

Hope you feel not so sore soon!! {hug}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

OMG - scary mary. yike*
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

OMG, bungee jumping or bass jumping? No thanks. I really `would` rather fall off a horse. yike*
Yes I know its not the safest hobby in the world, but I`ve wanted to do it for so long, it was now or never.
I`m a bit bruised on one hip and one elbow, but nothing more than that. You only notice, when you try to roll over in bed or get off the sofa.
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Aw, I,m sorry Lorna, know how you feel, I owned a horse till 10 years ago, and I fell off loads, you need to have a warm bath with some aching muscles salts in and a small gla ss of falling down water and just try to relax. I believe arnica ? is good for bruising {hug}

secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Yes `falling down water` `is` good isnt it.
Its terrible healthy for you because it has no calories. As water is clear and has no calories, so too are any other clear liquids, so you can drink as much as you like without compromising your waistline :-D
For example, we all therefore now know that gin is a clear liquid and so it has no calories,either and if you mix it with grapefruit juice which is also `very` healthy, you end up with a really relaxing healthy, cooling drink.
Then............. find some of the best choccies you can and cut them in half so the the calories fall out, an bobs your uncle :-D )w(
lorna
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Actually food taken for medicinal purposes never counts as `naughty` food, for example, hot chocolate for relaxation, alcohol for fortification and toast and cheescake as antidepressants. )c( )c(
MInd you most of the above is the colour of the very large bruise I have on my arm...............dark red, yellow, blue and green.
lorna
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Sounds nasty! poor you x

I love comfort food!!!!

bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Well you know what they say, Lorna, come off a horse get straight back on.

Even when I'd had to go to A&E, I've got back on horse first to do a bit of work, so that I wouldn't lose my bottle. (Um, I know anyone medical reading this will be horrified :oops: ).

It's always second or third day after fall that I've really ached!
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Ouch, ouch and ouch. Hope you feel less sore by now.

Isnt there a saying that you are not a good rider till you have fallen off a time or two?

Clare my daughter went to the East of Englad Show at Peterborough the other year with her 18hh Shire called Jack.

The ground was very, very dry and skiddy. It was her turn to ride round and Jack slipped, Clare came off and Jacks hoof missed her head by about a quarter of an inch! She got back on and won her class which was ridden, then I went to look at the piccies that the photographer had taken. They take them second by second, especially when someone falls off to show the paramedics in case of a very bad injury. There was one there with Clares bum in the air, showing exactly how close Jacks foot was to her head!

Guess which one this Mum bought and put on show? LOL
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

I am getting better daily. The bruise on my arm only hurts , now, when I bash it.
Not riding tomorrow, as I am too busy.
My music students all have their exams this week and everything is frantic with fitting accompanists in and last minute panics over `scales`.
I may or may not be sane by this time next week.
Also this week is my daughters birthday so I have had to make cup cakes for her to take to work and also a birthday cake for tomorrow.
I have to fit some bridesmaids dresses I am making, on Sunday, and tomorrow I have to get to the vet with the dog, and be back by 10.30, as he has a sore tail.
lorna
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

You're making me pant just reading that Lorna, phew, glad I'm a bloke.
joanne3393
Lively Laner

Post by joanne3393 »

Hi, I have a BHS rescue horse, and have lost count of the times we have had a parting of the ways I have noticed though that were as once I used to bounce with a little bit of elastic in my limbs when I landed I now land with a thud, although I have learnt to land on my feet :? However once you have caught the equineitis bug its a bit like malaria, you can never get rid of it.... I have had it now for at least 40 years lol
Family includes Tilly & Tiny the sheep, Chester the horse, and Lewis the Hare, Oh and how could I forget to put the 8 velociraptors, now added Soks the lurcher
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Yes its strangley compelling, isnt it?
lorna
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Hmm feeling slighty nervous now. Hubs and I are having another lesson on sunday, and I know that cantering is on the cards - managed to wriggle out of it in our last lesson. We went for a hack a couple of weeks ago. I got a huge great thing called Trigger, who they assured me was nice and calm. Huge fib that was. Everytime I nudged him into a trot he decided he wanted to canter and I felt so wobbly that I think I need to be taught how to do it properly again. We want to go trecking on the beach when we go to France next month. I need to learn French for ' We can ride a bit, but our small daugher is a much better rider than we are' {rofwl}
Poor Lara got thrown on Sunday. Her pony spooked and she managed to hold on for ages while he spun round in circles like a rodeo pony before they parted company. She was very brave and got straight back on. Someone once told her that you have to fall off 7 times before you can call yourself a good rider, so she stood up and said 'There, thats my 7th fall, I'm a good rider now'