I make Soap

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: I make Soap

Post by Richard »

Kennington, the little lane which runs down the side of the, now closed, Golden Ball. Hence 'Down the Lane' !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Richard

Post by Richard »

New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

My son lives in Kennington with his wife and my 2 young grandsons. They really like the area. l don't know it very well but they are on the new part l think - where all the road names are all somebody's name. Just 10-12 mins away !!
Such a shame we cannot post photos on here - l could show you my veggie efforts and the coop and run etc. How about a limit of 3 photos per person ?? Would that still be too much for the site do you think ? l'm sure you've probably thought of that before though.
l am finding this site very interesting...spent ages last night reading about the 50's and 60's :)
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Oh yes indeed it does !! l have one of the Chilham lakes opposite the bottom of my back garden - across the A28. Can't see much of it at this time of year with all the foliage...some chap has planted a cherry orchard too which blocks my view - but in the winter l can see the lake clearly.
l am actually very near the Shalmsford Street turnoff.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi,

There's no way of controlling it. Best do as I and almost everyone does and open up a Photobucket Account, it's easy to set up.

Al's done an easy to follow guide in the Forum Notifications etc. Category.
http://www.downthelane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12564

Cheers, Richard
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

l have joined the Down the Lane group on FB too and l have lots of photos posted on there. l presume you are a member...so perhaps all DTL members should be 'friends' with each other and then we can view each others photos :)
l'm never very happy about sites such as photobucket or photoshare - your photos are open to the world - aren't they ? l am sure they have a portal to your pc too... l am very suspicious lol
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Just like on facebook, on photobucket you have security choices and your albums can be set to private. If you make your album private, then you just share the image you put on here and there is no access to your other pics.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard

Post by Richard »

The ads on any facebook page you visit will be based around what you've said in your profile. There software is highy tech, so say you like walking a lot, the ads will reflect that.
I get loads of singles ads appearing on mine!!

Anyway, interesting you make soap, are you spreading your wings into other ventures?

Richard
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

l have requested you to add me as a friend Richard - hope that's ok.
You may notice l have a silly 'What's on your mind' thing on FB at the moment precisely for that reason...whatever l wrote about would generate ads..so l've asked for Free Samples of jewellry..etc it hasn't worked so far lol
l keep my photos for friends only on FB and don't use any Apps either for the same reason. But - if you can select a high privacy level on photobucket l may try looking into that over the weekend. l shall speak to my pc guru...
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Hello Janet,
Greetings and welcome to The Lane.
Being localish I think I know roughly where you live. Is it near the second hand car place?
Dom & Ali
Ali Woks My World
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Not a million miles away !! Can't actually see it from where l live but l think l know where you mean. ls Wateringbury close ?
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

It's just west of Maidstone not far from Royal Tunbridge Wells.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Ah...l thought it was nearer to me than that...must be some similar name place l'm thinking of. Most of Kent is pretty awesome though isn't it ??
Richard

Post by Richard »

Dom, there's three Car places along there, two on the railway side of the A28 and one on the other side.
Chilham Lakes are really beautiful, good for fishing, not that I do fishing.
They have good Car Boot Sales on the cricket ground there.

Sorry Janet, the topic has digressed. I looked at your photo's, very good. I think there's a lady I knew once in one of them, but she's facing the wrong way so hard to tell.

Richard
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I was born in Kent, Shooter's Hill actually. That's quite near you lot.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com