I make Soap

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Re: I make Soap

Post by JanetKent »

Oh really ?? how interesting. Which photo - which lady ??
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Shooters Hill Ppen ?? l spent some years of my childhood growing up in Eltham Park - in the days when it was a lovely place...l'm told it isn't so nice these days.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi,

The lady wearing the yellow top, presumably in your garden.

If it's the Lane I think it is (best not to say on a Forum), I did a gardening job a few years ago for a lady who lives about halfway along on the Old Wives Lees side. She keeps chickens and bantams.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Not sure which lady you're meaning Richard - which photo ? l don't think there was anyone in my garden that bonfire night that lived in OWL though...very curious who you mean now !!
Richard

Post by Richard »

'A lovely day in the Sunshine' (right after the Melon and left of the limbo.)
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

That lady's name is Alison and she works with my daughter for the council - she doesn't live in OWL though
Richard

Post by Richard »

)t'
Hilly Bean
Lively Laner

Post by Hilly Bean »

Hello Janet

I live near you too. Up the road from Richard although I have never met him because he is too busy :? .
My sister in law is a soapmaker too but not the glycerin method. It is so much nicer than commercial soap. >mmm<
Come and see me Sunny Clucker baby up the road from Dickie!
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Hello Hilly...nice to 'meet' you :)
We've been out today buying the last few bits needed for our new chikkie arrivals tomorrow. lt's just as well we're not getting hens to save money on buying eggs... from what this has cost so far we'll be about 90 before we break even lol
Yes l agree - hand made soap is much nicer than shop bought. Again - it isn't for saving money...it is just for the pleasure of using your own soap and knowing what you've put in it...and for the compliments you get of course lol

ls Richard SUCH a busy man then ???? lol
Richard

Post by Richard »

hehe.

Well, from now to 2nd.Sept I'm at home for three days ! Busy cricket spell for Kent, two Internationals, then 7 days grandchild sitting!
Some of those are shorter days, like 6-9 hours, 12 of them are 16 plus, in fact, sometimes I just don't come home and sleep at the cricket club!

Richard.
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Ah....so you won't be around on the 22nd August to come to my bbq then.....??????
Richard

Post by Richard »

On the 22nd. Kent play Nottinghamshire in a one day 40 over game. I would probably finish work around 9pm that day.

Richard
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

That's a shame...Well - not for you of course :) l have a bbq every year around this time for my son and daughter's birthdays but it will be all over by 9 :(
Still - l'd like to invite you to submit a tray of your home grown veggies at our local Chartham Village Fete which is on 5th September. l'm on the committee for the first time and l've suggested a very low key 'home grown' tent for people to enter their produce. lt's not a big serious thing - a bit of fun really...though l have got a judge for the day. lf you'd like to know more let me know. As l say..it's very much a bit of fun - nothing deadly serious. l'm quite worried there will be no entries and l'll feel a real fool lol
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I love soap making Janet! How do you make your soaps, and what flavours do you like to use? Do you ever make candles? I made some for the first time today, and as you say about soap making being addictive, I think I have the cande making bug!

Ma Larkin :-D
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Hi Ma. love your name. l want to be Ma Larkin as l'm a Darling Buds freak !! l've read the Larkin Chronicles at least 5 times and never get tired of that wonderful 'feel good' factor.

No l've never made candles. l did buy the stuff needed to make some bathbombs to go with my soaps but never got around to doing any. ln fact the only soap l've made this year so far have been a few bars that l've been asked for. Last Christmas l did 2 Christmas Fayres and had to make so many bars of different kinds of soap that l felt really 'soaped out' afterwards. My fridge was full of soaps and l had no room for the Christmas goodies. The closest thing to Christmas in the fridge were the bars of Cinnamon and Orange Brulee soap lol
l didn't make much profit either because they are so expensive to make. Still - l do enjoy making some at my lesuire but l won't bother with the stress of the selling side of it again. Do you sell your candles ??