I make Soap

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
JanetKent
Lively Laner

I make Soap

Post by JanetKent »

Hello everyone. l'm new to this site and l've spent ages reading so many interesting snippets already.
For the last 3 or 4 years l've made soaps using glycerin base and real essential oils. The soaps don't save money on shop bought but they are lovely to use and they seem very popular with friends and family who sometimes get them as gifts.
l'd like to add a couple of photos but when l tried the Img tab at the top all l got was 'img' in the text..so could somebody tell me how l can add a photo in here please ?
joanne3393
Lively Laner

Re: I make Soap

Post by joanne3393 »

Dont know how to add pics never done it, but have always wanted to have a go at making soap but never knew where to start, any tips you have I would love to hear how to get started :-D
Family includes Tilly & Tiny the sheep, Chester the horse, and Lewis the Hare, Oh and how could I forget to put the 8 velociraptors, now added Soks the lurcher
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Hello Joanne
Making soap is sooo easy !! The worst part is getting all your bits together that you need.
You will need to buy some glycerin soap base - clear or opaque is available as well as goats milk base etc. Then you need to buy some beeswax pellets or block... some colourant and perfume and moulds of course. All these things you can get on ebay or from an online supplier. l use an online supplier in Devon which l've always been very pleased with.
http://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you've collected your bits together give me a shout and l'll give you the 'how to' bit.
l warn you...it is addictive !!
:)
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Hi Janet and welcome to The lane... )t'

I had a senior moment when I read the thread title..thought it said 'soup' {rofwl}.

I don't use the img tab...just right click and paste..if that doesn't work here's a link to Al's guide..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12564"
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Hello Jannie
Love the name...it's what l was called as a child :)
l did try the instructions given on here but l did not get the option on my right click that Richard said l would :( l've tried a simple copy and paste too but when l try to paste the 'paste' option is greyed out - can't be used. So frustrating.
The instructions given in the link you sent me are for Photobucket which l don't use - but thanks anyway. My partner is a pc guru so maybe he'll have some ideas when he gets home.
Soup ?? lol lol
l have those 'senior moments' too...and 'blonde moments'...but l prefer to call them Power Surges lol
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Sorry I wasn't much help ..where are you trying to upload photos from.?

Jannie is hubbies nickname for me since the grandkids started calling me Grannie instead of Gran.... :-D
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Well Jannie it gets worse for me...my name is Janet Frances and in the office l was called Jannie Fannie lol

l'm trying to upload photos of my soaps from my own photo folder on my pc. l've tried all ways but it doesn't want to know :(
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Joanne l've sent an email to you with a few pics in.
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Ah that's a real shame Bettie because l have so many photos l'd love to post on the site...my chikkies..my veggies..my soaps..all sorts. l wonder why this site doesn't have the ordinary upload option...??
lf l have some photos on another website could l use that link do you think ??
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

That would depend.................... have you read the forum rules re adverts etc? >fi<
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

No l haven't to be honest. l don't want to advertise anything for sale though... just want to post photos !!
l'm beginning to wonder how l posted my profile photo now...!!
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

If you use image shack - you don't have to register, I'm :oops: to say my son showed me what to do, so if I can, you can )t'
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Well they aren't exactly hosted by an image site..just that l've posted a couple of photos of our coop etc on my partners Flight Sim site and wondered if l could 'nick' them back to post on here...but probably not !!
l don't think l'd actually know how to do it anyway :(
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi Janet,

The reason you can't load photo's from your PC straight into Forum is.....I won't let you :-D :-D

The problem was that so many people did this that the database became so overloaded with peoples pictures, it was 'gunging' everything up and I can't afford expensive extra space.

If I may be so bold, how near Canterbury are you?

Cheers, Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
JanetKent
Lively Laner

Post by JanetKent »

Ah l see. l thought that was the case :) OH!! such power lol
l am in Chilham which does come under the Ashford borough but l am actually nearer Canterbury than Ashford...on the A28. Where are you Richard ?