Photography

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
saint-spoon

Photography

Post by saint-spoon »

Are any of the other Laners into photography? I do dabble in an amateurish sort of way with varying results. I have a canon D400 SLR with two lenses, An EF 70-300 IS USM which I use for wildlife photography and an EF 17-85 IS USM which I use for most other applications. I did invest more in my glassware than the camera body as I feel that you won’t get the results if you scrimp on your lenses. It cost quite a bit but I have had it for quite a while and have taken thousands of shots over the years so a worthwhile investment IMO.
Bah Humbug
HellsBells
Lively Laner

Re: Photography

Post by HellsBells »

I'm a 'point and press' kinda gal ....

Do we get to see some of your pics??
Sara

Post by Sara »

I take an interest more now that i have liv..... I bought myself a new camera this year, Its a fugi finepix S1500.... Not expensive but gives great results..
My dad was very into photography and i have now got his cameras, lenses, and tripods and all the bits and bobs that go with it.... I will have to sit down one day and have a proper look at it all.. :-D
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have a 2, maybe 3 year old canon ixus but would REALLY love the SLR 550D. My daughter and one of my sons both have one and ooooh, am I green with envy!!

envy}} <--- this is a photo of me. )grin2(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

We have a Sony DSC HX1.
But I mainly aim and fire as well.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I have a Canon Ixus 951S (10.0mp)

I brought this camera about six months ago. I don't need more megapixels as I reduce almost all my pictures to 184px or 460px wide for website purposes so seeing photos in 'actual size' is of no consequence.

I do save some of family etc. but even then reduce to the size of my PC Screen resolution.

I have a photo 'library' of around 3,000 photos. I always without fail have my camera with me, see something which may come in handy for the website and just store it etc.

I edit with Photoshop CS3 which combines with Dreamweaver CS3.

I've also a fairly decent Canon Camcorder but haven't used that for quite a while.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
k66yla
Lively Laner

Post by k66yla »

I would love to get into photography as a hobby. At the moment I just have a HP 10m Digital camera. Maybe when I ever come into some money I will get an SLR. A 2nd cousin who I found through my family tree research is an amateur photographer and his photo's are fantastic with his SLR.
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

Purchased a Nikon D80 body when they were released (a while ago now)together with a speedlight, superb bits of kit.
I was advised at the time to purchase Sigma/Tamron lenses as these were as good as, and in some cases better in some respects, than the main players lenses.
As as been already said, get the best lens for the job with the money you have--it makes a big difference.(so even if you change the body, providing you stay with the same camera manufacturer, the lenses should last a lifetime)
I really need to get a macro lens next year, as close up photography can produce some stunning results.

As a footnote
If you still have a film camera, the chances are its pretty worthless. I have a film type SLR, together with lenses, converters etc that cost me well into the £2000 mark in the early 1980s, I was offered £70 for the lot about 4 years ago---its still sat in the bottom of the my wardrobe.(just hope it becomes collectable one day).
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
redoak
Legendary Laner

Post by redoak »

I really enjoy a bit of photography but sadly don't have much time for it at the moment. I have an early Nikon digital SLR, a D100. It's still a great camera and have some smashing shots from it. I'm not much into taking photos of people, only nature and landscapes etc. I love to enlarge and frame them, my favourite kind of art to have on the wall - my own :-D
Marc
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am absolutely hopeless at taking piccies. I either chop heads, arms or legs off and if I manage to not do that they usually tend to be all smudgy round the edges and blurred. I have no camera now and will not even contemplate buying one.

If we need any piccies one or other of kids takes them on their phones. )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I really like your avatar, redoak, )t' is that one you took yourself?
Ilona
redoak
Legendary Laner

Post by redoak »

Yep, sure is Ilona, thank you, grown by me too :-D
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Well done, it's very arty, the colours are fab. )t'
Ilona
Jodie.
Lively Laner

Post by Jodie. »

Ohh.
I do love photography, though I too am a "point and shoot" kinda gal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45977418@N02/

Here's a link to my flickr, just if anyone is interested.
There's not really a theme to my photos, however.

Glad other Laners enjoy photography!

:D

Jodie
perchy

Post by perchy »

Jodie. wrote:Ohh.
I do love photography, though I too am a "point and shoot" kinda gal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45977418@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a link to my flickr, just if anyone is interested.
There's not really a theme to my photos, however.

Glad other Laners enjoy photography!

:D

Jodie

Had a look )t' lovely photo's love the blackbird :-D